June 2011 Moms

Ugh, m/s on the train...

Today was the first day morning sickness really hit me.  I take the metro to work, and sometimes when the ride is choppy I get a bit of motion sickness anyway.  This morning, yikes.  I thought I was going to be sick before I got to my stop.  Still a little queasy but I'm trying to force down some oatmeal in the hopes it'll calm my stomach.

My husband told me to carry a barf bag last week but I told him that was silly.  I'm reconsidering today!!

Been away from theBump for a while, getting active again for all the good advice :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh, m/s on the train...

• I keep waiting for it to happen.  My commute can consist of a combination of car ride, subway, Long Island Rai lRoad, and bus.  I totally thought of the barf bag idea. 

I hope your oatmeal stays down and you feel better!  I friend of mine swear by drinking Coke to settle the queasiness. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was pregnant last time, I remember being pretty quesy on the train ride to work. I would sit near the bathroom just in case and would have to sit facing forward. So far with this pregnancy, I haven't had a problem, so we will see what happens.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • A fellow New Yorker!! HI.

You know what you do..wear Seabands..I wore these on a cruise and they were marvelous!Go to CVS they have them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagepigtails1031:

A fellow New Yorker!! HI.

You know what you do..wear Seabands..I wore these on a cruise and they were marvelous!Go to CVS they have them.

The work! I usued them last time i have horrible motion sickness anyway (ie: driving in the car and turning around for a second to grab something from the backseat) It worked for that but my sickness ended up so bad i was in the hospital on IV's cause i couldnt keep down water and thats when the drs perscribed me medicine.

• Feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much, ladies!  And thanks for the suggestions!  I'll check out those sea bands - someone mentioned ginger chews, too, so I guess I'll be popping by CVS today to see if I can find either/both.

Every time trains are delayed because someone got sick on a train, I think to myself, man I'd hate to be that person.  LOL I guess that would be a good reason to get off at the next stop if I feel really sick...

Been away from theBump for a while, getting active again for all the good advice :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure if these are for real, but the website is pretty hilarious: https://www.morningchicnessbags.com/
  • I'll check out the Seabands too just in case m/s strikes me soon.  With all my uncertainty right now (waiting on beta test results to ensure my bleeding episode last week didn't signal a failing pregnancy), I would welcome some m/s (well, slight m/s anyway).  With my first pregnancy, I barely had any m/s at all, so maybe this time around I'll be that lucky.  My mom and sister said they never had much either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"