North Carolina Babies

NBR: Has anyone made marshmallows...successfully

We are going away for a long weekend and the cabin we rented has a wood burning fireplace.  I want to make homemade smores for the family.  A / I were watching a show on the food network and they had a place that made homemade smores (graham crackers, marshmallows).  He was AMAZED by the fact that you could make graham crackers and marshmallows so I thought I'd surprise him with those on our long weekend.  The problem - I never made them  (and my mom told me they are a b!tch to make - although she tends to exaggerate a bit).  Anyone ever made them and survived?  I remember my nanny making them when I was little and thinking they were the best thing in the world, but that's my only experiece with them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NBR: Has anyone made marshmallows...successfully

• go on the nest... ask on what's cooking/WFD. there are a ton of women on there who made them last year for a tuesday's w/ dorrie cooking challenge, but names are escaping me right now.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Go to Trader Joes and buy them from there.  They look home made, then you don't have to make them!!

That would be the cheating mom in me!

• Loading the player...
  • imageslhall730:

Go to Trader Joes and buy them from there.  They look home made, then you don't have to make them!!

That would be the cheating mom in me!

That made me LOL!  I've never seen them at TJ - although I probably never looked either.  I'll have to check it out! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • check out smittenkitchen.com - she has done both the grahams and the marshmallows. Though I haven't tried her recipes, everything I've made from her site has been perfection! (and I have made a LOT)
    PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"