Indiana Babies

Flu Shot

Mads got hers yesterday at her 18 month appointment.  Last year she had to have 2 H1N1 and 2 regular flu shots.  Good news is this year the right H1N1 strain is in the vaccine, so that means just 1 shot for the flu the whole year.  Hopefully this is true for everyone else! 

ETA: If your babies were too little for the flu shot or, you know, not born last year, at least it'll only be 2 shots total this year and not 4! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flu Shot

• How did she do?  Last year Jake could have cared less about shots.  He never cried or fussed for any of the flu shots (fat thighs I think,lol).  I fear now that he is older, it's going to be harder!
  • imagemanda429:
    How did she do?  Last year Jake could have cared less about shots.  He never cried or fussed for any of the flu shots (fat thighs I think,lol).  I fear now that he is older, it's going to be harder!

She did a lot better than I thought she would.  She cried for about .5 seconds and then moved on to showing the nurse and doctor her dance class moves. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I was excited too!  1 injection instead of 4 like last year, lol!!!

Andrea - Andrew took it a little bit harder than last year (last year he just kind of peeped) because he was angry at the nurse :-) it wasn't too bad though, honestly.  Nothing like his vaccines or Synagis. 

He was okay once I gave him his car - I come prepared with distractions.  Of course once I took his car to put him in the stroller and take him to the car, he wasn't too happy with me :-)

• imageMrsJMB:

imagemanda429:
    How did she do?  Last year Jake could have cared less about shots.  He never cried or fussed for any of the flu shots (fat thighs I think,lol).  I fear now that he is older, it's going to be harder!

She did a lot better than I thought she would.  She cried for about .5 seconds and then moved on to showing the nurse and doctor her dance class moves. 

OMG that is cute!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"