Working Moms
Options

WebEx meetings

So our company just started using these a few months ago. Usually I'll just head into a conference room, but today I'm working from home and so will actually log in. This may seem like a really stupid question, but no one can see if I am actually looking at that window unless I am sharing my screen, right? Like if I decide to do a chatting on the bump during the down time, know one will know? 

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

Re: WebEx meetings

• Options
    Nope--just make sure you dont accidentally share your desktop!! I used to multitask all the time, I'd check work emails and write reponses back. A few times, they asked me questions and I'd be like, sorry, what was that? LOL Also, make sure your phone is mute so they cant hear you type. Cant you tell that I used be on job where I was on the phone for meetings literally all day?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually think with Webex that they can see if you are doing something else. Not what you are doing, but that you aren't on the window.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagexmasbabymama:
    I actually think with Webex that they can see if you are doing something else. Not what you are doing, but that you aren't on the window.

Really? Is there a status button or something? Oh-oh Surprise

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how they do it, but I was in a training once and I'm pretty sure it was WebEx and the moderator told us she could see who was and wasn't paying attention. And it was an interactive training and she would call on people and I was paying attention, but I was also trying to do work and I felt like she called on me a lot, just because whatever icon or something was showing said I was off the slides.
  • Options
    No one can tell unless you are the host and sharing your desktop vs just the document.  I lvoe webexs and we use them all the time!!!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

They can't tell.

We use WebEx all the time and I host/join meetings a few times a week.

As others said, if you are the Host - don't share your desktop if you're doing other things. If you are just a participant, it's fine.

I will say one thing though - if you have a webcam, WebEx can activate it and people can "see" you on the video portion.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"