North Carolina Babies
Options

CLT Iphone users .. come in

My contract with sprint is up in December and  I really really want the iphone- My sprint coverage is not great,its drops calls on me regularly, so maybe AT&T won't be so bad to me? haha

how is your coverage in the CLT area? I work in Huntersville and live near concord mills

My brother lives in uptown and he doesn't really have any complaints..

so do you think I will regret At&T or will having the Iphone make up for it? 

My DH has sprints droid phone and I hate it, i have the itouch and find it so much more user friendly for pictures/music ect. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: CLT Iphone users .. come in

• Options
    I'm not positive about this, but I think I heard something about the iPhone soon being offered through T-Mobile or Verizon. You may want to look at those to see if their plans are better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would hold off until the iPhone comes to Verizon.  I think it's planned for February 2011.  I didn't have the best luck with coverage on AT&T and recently switched to Verizon - I have the android (can't say I hate it, but can't say I love it either). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH and I have iphones - in southwest CLT.  I love the phone - he has the newest one which is super fun (awesome camera!!).  With regard to coverage, there are three areas I've found in which I ALWAYS lose coverage.  Two are on rural roads, so I guess it is to be expected although sucks, and the third is on hwy 49/Tryon for a half mile.  Highly frustrating because it is in a key area and I have never not dropped a call there.  You may check with neighbors with iphones to see what nearby coverage is like?

Even with these issues, I wouldn't trade in my iPhone.  

Oh! The other annoying thing is that I can read Bump discussion threads, but cant post to them from my phone.  I often end up being a lurker when I'd like to contribute.  Boooo. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJuberP:

Oh! The other annoying thing is that I can read Bump discussion threads, but cant post to them from my phone.  I often end up being a lurker when I'd like to contribute.  Boooo. 

Hey - I have the iphone and you can post - you just to go into Settings, Safari and then under JavaScripts turn it off. Then you can post. :)

We had Verizon and changed over to AT&T about 2 years ago. I have the iphone 3GS and DH has 4G. His phone has a cooler camera and video is better - plus faster than mine. We don't have any dropping issues like we did with Verizon. I'd say it depends on the area you live in. Overall, we are happy with the service with AT&T. I think  they have a return policy - so you might just want to try it out. I can't live without my iphone. It's a lifesaver!

• Options
    imageButtercup29:
    imageJuberP:

Hey - I have the iphone and you can post - you just to go into Settings, Safari and then under JavaScripts turn it off. Then you can post. :)

We had Verizon and changed over to AT&T about 2 years ago. I have the iphone 3GS and DH has 4G. His phone has a cooler camera and video is better - plus faster than mine. We don't have any dropping issues like we did with Verizon. I'd say it depends on the area you live in. Overall, we are happy with the service with AT&T. I think  they have a return policy - so you might just want to try it out. I can't live without my iphone. It's a lifesaver!

Sweet!! Thanks! (posted from my phone - yay!!)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yay! Glad it worked. You might have to go back to turning it on again because some things won't work without it. Enjoy and happy posting!
  • Options
    I would love an iphone, but live in Huntersville and the service in my neighborhood is terrible. Many of my neighbors have taken them back to at&t due to the horrible service. I have sprint and love it, no problems here. Guess it just depends where you live!
  • Options
    We both have iPhones & love the phones but HATE AT&T. We've had a terrible time with dropped calls, both in Charlotte & when traveling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work in Huntersville and have no problem with mine. We've had them since June of 09.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"