Two Under 2
Options

DH is ready to try for # 2. #1 is 4.5m old, kind of nervous!

My dh is chompin at the bit to start for #2, I'm excited about it and want another and look forward to being pregnant again, but am also a bit nervous.  If we try and get pregnant this cycle, I would be due 1.5 months after #1's birthday.  They would probably take me in early though due to having a C/S so they will have a birthday about 1m apart which I feel sort of bad about.   And I also worry about peoples comments about us having them so close together, people can be so judgemental and I don't feel like putting up with it.

For those who have had them this close together, what was the hardest part?  What's the best part?  I figure it'll be nice that #1 won't be in the tantrum phase yet (hopefully) so that it will be easier to focus on #2 those first few months when things are hectic.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DH is ready to try for # 2. #1 is 4.5m old, kind of nervous!

• Options

i got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 5 months old.

i'll let you know how it goes in another 2 months ;)

• Options

I can't tell you how it is until late April, but I just want to tell you not to worry about what other people think. It's your life, not theirs. If it's something you want and can afford, go for it! Who cares what they think? Your LO will have a best friend for life.

ETA: Here is a recent post asking the same questions you just asked about having 2u2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My babies are 16 months apart, but we got more comments while I was pregnant than we do now that my son is here.  I just smiled and kept my mouth shut.  Some people just don't have that internal censor to tell them to keep their oh-so-helpful comments to themselves.  :)

The hardest part of having 2 so close together is feeling like you can't give both 100%.  My daughter was held much more than my son is, but it's not because I don't want to, it's because I just can't sit and hold him all day like i could with his sister.  Luckily he is laid back and doesn't demand much.  My daughter is also starting to throw tantrums, but I'm sure she'd be doing that whether I had another baby or not.

Good luck in your decision!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imaget.bird:

i got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 5 months old.

i'll let you know how it goes in another 2 months ;)

Almost this exact situation for DH and me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ours will be 14 months apart, and it was the right decision for our family. Sure some people have sh!tty things to say, but as PP said, it's your life, not theirs. It only matters if you and your DH are ready. GL with your decision.

• Options
    I got pg with #3 when #2 was 4mo.  The EDD is 1yr & 10 days after DD's EDD.  So far we haven't really gotten any negaive comments, just some surprise and friendly teasing.  No biggie.  :)
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options
    we plan on TTC for #2 when DS is 7 months old.  For me personally I just didn't want them to be that close together.  I wanted my body to adjust back.  My doctor said it was best to wait 6 months before trying to conceive again, with less chance of miscarriage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Still pregnant here, but I got pg when DD was about 3.5 months old.  I can tell you that, in my case, the pregnancy has been way more difficult this time around, particularly because I have to chase DD all day and don't have the luxury of taking naps and lying around like I did last pregnancy. 
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"