Preemies
Options

Newbie here...bottle question

My son was born 9/11 at 34wks. We get to room in tomorrow night and hopefully we'll be released on Thursday. We feel so very lucky to have had an uneventful NICU stay, even though it's been very hard emotionally (as I know you all understand). My question is, what bottles worked best for you when you got home? We live in a rural area, and I'm not sure what he will take best and thought I'd ask for your recs. Thanks so much!

Re: Newbie here...bottle question

• Options

Congrats on reaching the end of your NICU stay!

We have used Dr. Brown's bottles since DS came home. Initially, we used the preemie nipple to reduce the flow to a level he could handle, then switched to the standard level 1 that comes with the bottles. I've heard some people say that the Dr. Brown's are harder to clean than other bottles, but I haven't found them to be too much trouble.

• Options
    I used Dr Brown nipples in standard bottles. We started with level 1 and worked out way up to a 3 by 5 months! My son is an oinker though.
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the dr browns (still are) and they worked great for us.  We were on the preemie nipple for a long time and are still using the level 2.  E doesn't like a fast flow though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After spending over $100 of Dr Browns, we had no success with these.  My son was spitting up a ton when using these.  I originally took home nipples from NICU  and slowly started incorpotating in the Dr B and they were a disaster for him.  After trying 3 additional kinds, Born Free were the only ones that worked for him.  The cheapie Gerber ones worked pretty well too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"