North Carolina Babies

Charlotte area childcare recs

I thought I would be all set as the church I work at has a daycare center, but it turns out the waitlist is so long they may not have a spot open for me so I need to look into other options. Any places you would recommend? Or any places you would stay away from? TIA!
Wallace is a big brother!
imageimage
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Charlotte area childcare recs

• Hey there! I just went through this. We are on a few waiting lists for uptown, but were able to find a place in Ballantyne that just opened up last week. They are super reasonable and only have 4:1 ratio. It's called the Learning Experience. We did a tour and really liked the place, plus they are not crazy expensive and on the way to work for my DH. Not sure what area of town you are looking but there are some great places up north Charlotte too. GL!
  • imageButtercup29:
    Hey there! I just went through this. We are on a few waiting lists for uptown, but were able to find a place in Ballantyne that just opened up last week. They are super reasonable and only have 4:1 ratio. It's called the Learning Experience. We did a tour and really liked the place, plus they are not crazy expensive and on the way to work for my DH. Not sure what area of town you are looking but there are some great places up north Charlotte too. GL!

Thanks for the info! Would you mind telling me how much you're paying (you can PM if you like)? I called them but they wouldn't tell me any info over the phone.  

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • What part of town are you looking in? We found a couple of really good places in Matthews/Indian Trail.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • I am not sure their current rate because we pre-registered. I think doing so knocked some off the original plan but it's only valid for 12 months. I think it's $1130 a month maybe? Not cheap but cheaper than most that we have looked at.

• imagetracey4228:
    What part of town are you looking in? We found a couple of really good places in Matthews/Indian Trail.

We work in the Myers Park & Uptown areas & currently live in Kannapolis but plan on moving to the south Charlotte area in January, so we'd definitely be interested in the places you found.

imageimage
  • imageButtercup29:

I am not sure their current rate because we pre-registered. I think doing so knocked some off the original plan but it's only valid for 12 months. I think it's $1130 a month maybe? Not cheap but cheaper than most that we have looked at.

DH was balking at paying more than 900 at some of the others I found. Thanks for letting me know!

imageimage
  • imageGenaBoBenaWife:

imagetracey4228:
    What part of town are you looking in? We found a couple of really good places in Matthews/Indian Trail.

We work in the Myers Park & Uptown areas & currently live in Kannapolis but plan on moving to the south Charlotte area in January, so we'd definitely be interested in the places you found.

Just a heads up, K-town and Concord are going to be roughly $200 cheaper/mo than S. CLT based on prices I've researched and from posts on here. You can get a 4 or 5 star in Concord for right at $900/mo for an infant.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Concord is cheaper. And you may find some in south Charlotte for less as well. But compared to uptown - this is a steal for 5 star that isn't a crack house. :) We didn't have much of a choice but we're happy to have a place we could get into. Good luck with your search - I know it can be frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"