Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How are you being extra-nice to you? & intro

We just found out I had a miscarriage (6-7 wks) & the D&C is scheduled for Friday.  No offense, but this was not a club I wanted to join... but it seems like there are very nice people (both here & in my regular life) who are a helpful support system.  To be honest, I'm looking forward to having doctor stuff over with so we can start to move on. 

In the meantime, I'm brainstorming lots of ways to take care of myself.  I've already scheduled a pedicure with my mom & a sushi night with a friend.  I've also switched back to my non-pukey-feeling-inducing one-a-days & folic acid (instead of the prenatals- my dr said that was fine).  What are you doing for you?  How else can I treat myself nicely?Wink

Re: How are you being extra-nice to you? & intro

• Options
    I'm going to go out for martinis with dh and some friends on Saturday.  I suggest a nice strong drink.  That always makes me feel better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did A LOT of shopping.  I will probably get a massage pretty soon too! 
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm diabetic (just barely), so I was having to work very hard to control my blood sugar within "pregnancy normal" (which is way more strict than regular normal). I decided that during the 2 weeks between d & c and check up, I could eat anything I want to. We were told that we could start ttc after a month, so I figured the second 2 weeks would be moving back towards healthier stuff (drinking less caffeine and alcohol, stuff like that).

I'm sorry that you had to join our club, but we love you here. 

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

I booked a vacation for DH and I after my m/c. I figured we both needed some time away from everything!

• Options
    I am allowing myself to drink coffee with sugar and cream and other caffenated beverages!  Oh, and yummy desserts like ice cream and brownies Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!  If you ever read the Marc Brown Arthur books, this reminded me of the Christmas book where Arthur sees Santa eating all these different kinds of food on tv & at the mall, & he sets a whole table up for Santa with all of Santa's favorite things.  I'm picturing myself at a big table with coffee and desserts and martinis and new clothes.  And a masseuse standing nearby.  Sounds lovely.
  • Options

I'm sorry for your lose.  I immediately felt better after the D&C since I guess I had a lot of concerns about the procedure, but now I know I didn't need to be afraid.  Strange sense of closure and like you say, then you can start to move on.

Well you're right that we deserve some pampering huh!  I decided to get a hair cut the day after the D&C.  Then, starting planning a much needed vacation.  At first we had vast plans to do an adventurous trip (something we couldn't do with young kids), but that started stressing me out.  That put us to the complete opposite...relaxing vacation to Hawaii. I could really use a place where we can do as much or as little as one wants.  Only problem with planning a vacation when you're emotional is that I splurged more than I normally would (blame it on the hormones being out of wack).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"