Parenting after 35

8 days late

Time to worry?

I take the mini pill and try to use condoms when I believe ovulation might occur so it does seem unlikely, but... ????  I did take a test when I was 2 days late that was negative, so maybe it is just stress.... the stress of being late is adding to my stress factor. urgh. stupid cycle. 

Re: 8 days late

• The mini pill... <sigh>  I know two people who got pregnant taking that thing.  I didn't even bother after the first couple of months, just made DH cover it up.

Could be stress though.  Could definitely be stress.

ETA:  A few months ago, I was 10 days late.  I must have taken 3 pregnancy tests before my period came, but they were all negative.

• Thanks, Kristel. Good to know that you just went through this yourself (not tha I am glad you had the added stress of it, but glad i am not alone and the outcome can still be one that does not cause extra stress).

I am really am stressed beyond reason, so perhaps this lateness is a direct response to that

• Loading the player...
  • I'd test again. I've heard the mini-pill is all kinds of unreliable.
  • Wait a couple of days and test again.  I'd say relax, but I know I couldn't do it in that situation Stick out tongue
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Ugh, not fun.  But I also thought that the mini pill often stopped your period after you've taken it for months...could it be that?
  • I have some months when I'm late, so that's not abnormal for me. But it's probably just that you're stressed, just keep POAS if you're worried.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Could be stress or have you been sick this cycle.  My cycle was thrown off  by a few days this month because I had a cold so ovulation was delayed...hence a later period. I was aware of this so it's not a shock that AF hasn't arrived yet.

• I am stressed for you!!
  • imageM.Amy:
    I am stressed for you!!

Me too!  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefauxshelley:

imageM.Amy:
    I am stressed for you!!

Me too!  GL!

Me three!  GL!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefauxshelley:

imageM.Amy:
    I am stressed for you!!

Me too!  GL!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"