Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sleeping arrangements for 2.5 year old - Help!

Evan is almost 2.5 years old, but still in a crib.  He is not interested in climbing out yet, so we haven't felt the need to make the move to a toddler bed.  Especially since we have another one on the way and don't think its a good time for a transition.

When I go in to have Carter, Evan is staying with my mom.  My mom does not really have any other place for him to sleep except a twin bed.  I think he might be a little too big for his PNP as well.

WWYD?  He has never spent the night anywhere, much less sleep in anything other than a crib.

Re: Sleeping arrangements for 2.5 year old - Help!

• First, I would definitely have a few "practice sleepovers" between now and when baby's due.

Second, I personally would move him to a toddler or twin bed now.  You have plenty of time between now and baby to make that transition smooth.  You don't want to have to do it when you have a newborn, do you?

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You could try to move him now. We moved DS around 2.5, while he was still content with his crib, and the transition was surprisingly smooth. 

And I agree, a practice sleepover or two would be a good idea (and give you and DH a chance for a few last dates before new baby!).

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMama Jan:

First, I would definitely have a few "practice sleepovers" between now and when baby's due.

Second, I personally would move him to a toddler or twin bed now.  You have plenty of time between now and baby to make that transition smooth.  You don't want to have to do it when you have a newborn, do you?

This, you will be glad that you did. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would try the PNP. Those things are pretty big so I'd be surprised if he didn't fit. I'm a big believer in leaving them in the crib as long as they are happy and not climbing out, so I would avoid having to transition him to a bed just for a few nights away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTexasSmith:
    I would try the PNP. Those things are pretty big so I'd be surprised if he didn't fit. I'm a big believer in leaving them in the crib as long as they are happy and not climbing out, so I would avoid having to transition him to a bed just for a few nights away.

If he fits, go for it.  My DS is too long for his.  We bought a toddler aero bed.  Despite my high hopes, this thing is ridiculously loud and constantly wakes him (and me) up.  So maybe try the peapod bed?  We sold our travel bed as a "special bed" to DS and had a couple of practice runs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"