Starting fresh well trying to — The Bump
Single Parents

Starting fresh well trying to

Alright so I haven't been on these boards in over a year. I was dealing with a lot and still am.

I have left my H because he was doing drugs and dealing them too I found out. I have brought Wyatt with me to my home state of FL and am now dealing with being both mom and dad.

Do any of you ladies have any advice? 

We left H five days ago and times are starting to get rough with Wyatt constantly trying me.

H is still trying to contact me. I took out an injunction against him. He is calling and texting all the time and wanting to talk to Wyatt. Wyatt wants to talk to him too. But because of my injunction Wyatt can't call him. This is just a really hard thing to do. I am confused and frustrated. I am really ready to run away and never look back. Start over where no one knows me. But I really need my family around me right now. This is all so hard.

Re: Starting fresh well trying to

• First of all, I am very sorry you are going through this.

I was in a similar situation with my XH a little over a year ago. 

My advice would be that you are absolutely doing the right thing.  Be VERY careful about having contact with him.  Addicts are extremely manipulative.  I can't even count how many times I heard "I am clean".  Even though I didn't really believe him, part of me did.  Then I would see proof that he wasn't, such as him getting arrested multiple times, etc.  The good thing was I never let him back in after we separated.

He is likely using your son as a pawn, a way to try to maintain contact with you.  I can't see your ticker, how old is Wyatt?  I would say that no contact is essential right now for both of you.  What value can he add as a father when he is dealing drugs and is an addict?  Nothing.  It is sad but true.

Stay strong and lean on your family for support.  You do need them.  It isn't easy raising a child alone. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PM me for the new blog address!
  • uga I remember you from when we were on the tri boards together......(I was babymenzel back then)

I agree with achase when she said that he's using your ds as a pawn (ds' dad tries to do that to me all the time and I have stopped putting up with it for a long time now)...being a single parent sucks a lot of the time, but it's SO SO SO worth it!

pm me if you need anything!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards