Indiana Babies
Options

Another Gymboree story - CRAZINESS

I ran into Gymboree (CT one) tonight to check things out in person.  There was a girl who had $800 in Gymbucks.  She was there with another women and it took both women and the sales clerk to take all her bags to the car.  I didn't see all that she bought b/c I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the $800 - then I totally looked. :)  Seriously I am a shopper but I'm not sure how you get $800 worth of Gymbucks even with multiple kids - you'd have to spend $1600 right??  All I could think was that she must buy stuff to sell ..CARAZY

Re: Another Gymboree story - CRAZINESS

• Options
  • Options
    Ok, this is what I suspect...EBAY.  I was a little crazy over the Little Panda line the year J was born.  I wanted it all, seriously.  Well, I ended up having to buy some of it off Ebay, and yes, I did pay more than full price, because it was all sold out in the stores and online.  I'm guessing she either is one of those Gymbohaven/Gymboplace resellers or else she is storing it all up and hawking it on ebay after it's all sold out.  Either that or those kids are trust fund children. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelemen99:
    whoa. Indifferent

EXACTLY!!!!  I'll admit when I heard the $800 I totally judged - but she probably sells on ebay or something and makes $$ off it - so hey what works (at least I hope that's it). 

And a side note - but I actually left empty handed - gasp - maybe it was b/c I didn't have B and could actually look instead of grabbing and paying- but I just couldn't pull the trigger on anything ...

• Options

imageamstep:
    Ok, this is what I suspect...EBAY.  I was a little crazy over the Little Panda line the year J was born.  I wanted it all, seriously.  Well, I ended up having to buy some of it off Ebay, and yes, I did pay more than full price, because it was all sold out in the stores and online.  I'm guessing she either is one of those Gymbohaven/Gymboplace resellers or else she is storing it all up and hawking it on ebay after it's all sold out.  Either that or those kids are trust fund children. 

Yeah - that's what I was thinking - have you bought anything from Gymboplace yet?  I look but haven't bought.  I always wonder how much people make buying/selling this way.  I've thought about reselling some of B's clothes but I've never bought anything to resell ...

• Options
    Wow, that's crazy--not to mention she'd need to spend another $1600 to redeem them.  I almost wonder if she returns stuff later after she's redeemed them.  I've wondered if they give you all your money back when you do that.  One of my co-worker's wife works at Hamilton Town Center and they have a bunch of ebay ladies that shop there.  When they are doing markdowns, I guess they call them when they need to move stock fast. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagefleur-de-lys:

imageamstep:

Yeah - that's what I was thinking - have you bought anything from Gymboplace yet?  I look but haven't bought.  I always wonder how much people make buying/selling this way.  I've thought about reselling some of B's clothes but I've never bought anything to resell ...

Not yet, but I do lurk and it prob won't be long....

And I would love to sell, but I have to save everything for DS2, so it will be a while.  My problem is wanting to make them both match for as long as I can get away with it, which means buying new so that I can get the right sizes and in the same line.  Gymbo knows my weakness, and it is the "Little Brother/Big Brother" combo.  This week alone I have bought maybe 8 matching outfits!!!

• Options
    Yep, Ebayer.  One of my friends is the manager of Gymboree at Hamilton Town Center and she said the Ebayers are out of control.  They practically beat down the door the first day of Gymbucks redemption and buy tons of stuff, most of it heavily discounted (already marked down, on clearance, etc) for resale.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought my collection was bad, but $800!!! Even with two kids I don't think I could hold a candle to $800 Gymbucks!
  • Options

That's absurd.

After the horror stories here, I was afraid to go to the Btown store.  It was really calm :)  She exchanged the owl jumper and pink leggings for the owl sweater dress and I bought O's Christmas dress with the Gymbucks.  I probably could have purchased it cheaper later down the line, but it's nice to have all of her outfits for holidays and weddings covered through the end of the year.  LOL!

• Options

That store must have made a ton of money yesterday. I was there also (CT) and the checkout ladies were all frazzled. My MIL and I could not believe how busy the place was on a Wed afternoon. When we checked out the check out lady appologized for the wait and the commotion. We didn't really know what she was talking about. Apparently just before we got in the store some lady came in and bough around $2000 worth of clothing!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoa! She said it took forever for her to ring everything up. Craziness!

The check out lady suspected she sells it on line b/c she only has one child and buys numerous of the same thing in different sizes. 

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"