Adoption

Need to vent about timeline ugh :(

Not going into details - especially since it pisses me off and gets me upset that I cry.

There was court yesterday - which is the first time I did not attend court since I just had my daughter a few days prior.

But, I hate the judge on the case, gives in to every demand that the bio mom makes, it is absurd!

Anyway, my caseworker told me today that more than likely - termination trial will not be until APRIL!!!!!!!

April 2011 - that will be 26 months in care!!!  WHAT THE HELL!!!

I am seriously pissed off.  The c/w is trying to give me all the reasons why it is this way.  I think I turned her voice out after a while. 

The mom (at this point in the game) has no chance of getting Lil J back.  She has had 2 prior terminations of rights at 2 different times, if not working her plan at ALL, has gotten into additional legal trouble since he was removed, I can go on and on.

His case was supossed to be "fast tracked" - not even close.

Ugh, just venting

Re: Need to vent about timeline ugh :(

• imagefredalina:

Does he have a GAL, and what does the GAL say?

That's what I was wondering, too.  Does he have a GAL or an attorney? (I can't remember what they are called in NJ -- law guardians?)  Or a CASA?

I'm sorry that there's yet another delay.  That stinks!

• imageGulfCoaster:
    imagefredalina:

Does he have a GAL, and what does the GAL say?

That's what I was wondering, too.  Does he have a GAL or an attorney? (I can't remember what they are called in NJ -- law guardians?)  Or a CASA?

I'm sorry that there's yet another delay.  That stinks!

his c/w just asked me this the other day, you think she would know.

Well, he does not - just has his attorney.  I am calling my family resorce worker tomorrow and ask to be appointment a CASA, this is getting crazy.

FRED- thanks for the congrats.  I really need to update my siggy.  I could just put another pic of Cora, since they look almost exactly the same LOL

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry things are going so slow. 

Love the pic of your daughter - she's beautiful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats & that blows!

26 months is SO.LONG.  any chance having more legal representation for him will speed things up?

Left, Right
  • What does his attorney say about the delay? Best wishes for getting a CASA!
  • UGH! Sorry for the delay again and congrats on the new baby.
  • Congrats on the birth of your daughter!  I am sorry you are having so much trouble with Lil J's case. It is so unfair to everyone involved. {hugs}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm so sorry :(  

and i'm so scared we're going to end up in the same position.  Our case was just extended another 12 months (so that'll be 23 months in care until they even look at TPR).  All these federal regulations are put into place to try and stop things like this, but its just not translating to the state level. 

hugs and lots of empathy Sad

• Elsie is gorgeous!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so sorry about all the delays.  I hope you get CASA involved and things get smoothed out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"