North Dakota Babies

a glitch in "the plan"

ummmm, so I called my OBGYN today to make an appt for my annual (which is usually in Dec.) & I'd thought I would make it for Nov this year so that I could talk about getting off BCP & ask any other questions that I have before starting to TTC in Jan.....

Welp, my doc is booking 6 months out & I can't get an appt until mid Feb! I plan to be PG by then! WTF!

Re: a glitch in "the plan"

• yikes! Can you get on a cancellation list. That blows. Are you super attached to her?
  • 6 months out for an established patient?  That's crazy!!!
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Does she have a nurse practitioner or anyone else who could just do your pap to make sure everything is all good before you start trying?  They are usually extremely knowledgeable & could probably answer all of your questions as well, & then you can start seeing your doc again once you are pregnant.  
  • i was also going to suggest to get on their list in case of cancellations.  There are always cancellations!
  • imagedani_girl08:
    Does she have a nurse practitioner or anyone else who could just do your pap to make sure everything is all good before you start trying?  They are usually extremely knowledgeable & could probably answer all of your questions as well, & then you can start seeing your doc again once you are pregnant.  

In the 6 or so years I've been going to my current doctor, the actual doctor has only done my yearly exam & pap twice. I actually like the nurse practitioners better and always hope to get one of them!

• I hate to suggest lying, but could you tell them that you have an issue?  The reason that they book out so far in advance is because they save most of the time slots for PG patients and for those that have an issue.  Before my OB changed offices/hospitals, he used to book 6 months out.  Maybe if you tell them that you are plan to PG in Dec and would like to get checked out first they could even squeeze you in.
  • imagenatalee215:
    I hate to suggest lying, but could you tell them that you have an issue?  The reason that they book out so far in advance is because they save most of the time slots for PG patients and for those that have an issue.  Before my OB changed offices/hospitals, he used to book 6 months out.  Maybe if you tell them that you are plan to PG in Dec and would like to get checked out first they could even squeeze you in.

I am actually thinking about calling them back to let them know that I have questions & wanted to start TTC in Jan so I need an earlier appt. I called while I am at work & I don't really want any of my co-workers to overhear my convo, so that is why I didn't bring it up when I called the first time. I'll have to call back tonight or something.

The lady that I normally go to, isn't even the actual doc..she is the NP! but I have been going to her for so long...I love her!

• I could see waiting 2 month, but 6 months is nuts. Hopefully you can get in early by seeing someone else. GL!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WOW! 6 months! That's crazy. I hope you get in sooner!
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Oh gawd you are scaring me! I have been procrastinating making my annual appointment which was supposed to be in early October, but I keep forgetting to call. This would suck for me too because 6 months from now we will be beginning TTC and I had some questions I wanted to ask. I need to write myself a post-it!
    ~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"