Working Moms

Crying during daycare dropoff after 2 months???

DS started daycare 2 months ago and after the first week he never cried during dropoff, loves it there and even cried during pickup on occasion because he wanted to stay and play!  But today he cried and tried to run after me when I dropped him off.  Now he does have a cold and has been very fussy and clingy lately, could that be the reason or do they go through a phase after a couple months where they start crying again during dropoff?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crying during daycare dropoff after 2 months???

• DS has been with his nanny since he was 3 months old, and he will still go through periods when he cries when we leave. He's never done it a ton, but he definitely does it when he's tired, is going through a developmental milestone, etc. It will pass no doubt, but it's not fun for you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image
  • Ditto jetgrrrl.  DS has been at the same daycare since he was 4 months old and he goes through stages of crying when I leave, still.  If he otherwise seems to enjoy himself there, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Chances are he's fine about 1 minute after you leave.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • For us, it is on and off.  I currently bribe him with a graham cracker at drop off.  He just sits down at the table and is fine when I leave.  There are some older kids who cry EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I think it just their thing.  They are fine seconds after their mom or dad leave. 
  • DS has been in daycare since he was 4 months old. Monday was the first time he ever cried at dropoff. They said that he stopped not too long after I left and was fine the rest of the day. It sucks but I think it's just an age thing. The good news is after being super clingy all day yesterday he was fine at dropoff this morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imageshannm:
    For us, it is on and off.  I currently bribe him with a graham cracker at drop off.  He just sits down at the table and is fine when I leave.  There are some older kids who cry EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I think it just their thing.  They are fine seconds after their mom or dad leave. 

That's a great idea!  I'll give him a strawberry mum mum, he loves those!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH stays at home with our DD, so we're not quite comparing apples to apples, but DD cries every morning when I leave.  She likes Dad, but she likes me better.  I don't make a production out of leaving, either, I usually try to slip away unnoticed so as not to incite a huge crying scene.  She also follows me around incessantly when I'm home.  I have to admit, I don't mind one bit.

• DD goes through periods of crying/not crying. She usually stops when they pick her up so she can wave to me out the window.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • This happened with our 2.5 year old!  He was fine the first week at our new daycare and then proceeded to cry for the next 3 weeks almost all day.  I was miserable and ready to pull him out.

His teacher suggested we send in a family picture for him to look at during the day.  It really seemed to work - he's been fine for the last week or so!  At first, he held the picture everyday, but now, he rarely looks at it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"