Baby Showers
Options

Hostess gift question

Two of my girlfriends are throwing me a shower (which will be my 4th!).  It is going to be held at of the hostess' sister's house.  I am also friends with the sister.  She is not an official "hostess", but it will be at her house and i'm sure she will help with lots of the food and stuff since she is an awesome party thrower.  Do I get her a "hostess" gift?  I guessing I just should.

Another question: what about the folks that organize the baby shower at work?  Gift for them too??

Re: Hostess gift question

• Options
    If you're getting a gift for the others, then I would. However, I've thrown lots of showers for people and never received a gift.....just not something my friends family do/expect.
  • Options

I would get a gift for the sister. 

Depends on the work people. Is it potluck? Just cake and soda? That's how showers at my work were. If so, then I'd probably just thank them for putting it all together in your gift thank you note.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would get the sister who volunteered her house some nice flowers or something "small" like that (although I realize flowers can get pricey really fast).

Is the work shower being paid for by the company?  If so, you probably don't need to get the hostesses gifts.  I would just give them some special thanks in a card.  If you really want to get something for them, an edible arrangement or a platter of cookies/treats that they can share at the office would be appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"