Indiana Babies
Options

It's official... Gymboree.

Today is the first day to redeem Gymbucks if you are a Gymboree Rewards member. This is my first time going on "opening day" and here are my comments about that.

1) I went to Gymboree at 11:00 (when it opens, I took an early lunch), and it's a FREAKING madhouse. The entire mall was empty, and there were no less than 40-50 women in this ridiculously small store. And I mean, this is effing Mishawaka, it's not like it's Indianapolis. I've never seen so many crazy mothers grabbing at clothes when someone else is reaching for it. Oh, and leaving your kid in a stroller by themselves as a placeholder in the check out line while you go out and shop... nice.

2) I think I officially own the entire Fall Homecoming line now. In two sizes. For this fall and next. It's sad, actually. I just love it. LOVE.

3) I can't believe I made it out of there with what I wanted, and in one piece.

4) I don't shop on Black Friday for a reason. Never again.

:-)

Brenda

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It's official... Gymboree.

• Options

Exact reason I only shop online.  :)  I know it sounds really stupid but I am terribly clausrophic (sp??) and that store is just too small for me, a baby in a stroller and 900 other moms and strollers. 

I can't go with my older DD into Claires for the same reason.  Too small.

Glad you got what you were looking for though.  I ordered the fall homecoming line during the baby sale and earned my gymbucks and now I don't like the new line that is out for redemption time.  Grrr. Figures.

• Options

I HATE going on "opening day" especially to the smaller stores.  In Knoxville, my only option is a small store, but in Indy I could either go to Keystone or the one at Clay Terrace.  The nice thing about CT was that while it was a smallish store, the manager knew me (god, I'm lame) and would always remind me and let me do holds the day before and just come in and pick them up the day of redemption.

Anyway, I mostly order online now.  It's worth the $5 and weeks of waiting for Gymboree to ship it to me.  I truly hate the Gymboree here in Knoxville.  It's small, disorganized and people bring their bigass strollers in there and will block the whole back half of the store!  Swear to God - twice I've been there where I couldn't get to the back half of the store because of people just leaving their strollers in the aisles.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm ALL ABOUT shopping online. I hate going to crowded places, especially with Paige. I shop online 95% of the time.

Buuuut, we have a party to go to this weekend, and I HAD to get the green owl sweater dress in her size. I was desperate.

Never again.

• Options

LOL - I have to go exchange an item (my MIL bought O the corduroy owl dress) and of course redeem my Gymbucks.  I'm dreading it!

I can't go with Olivia because she makes a beeline for the little chairs (even with the TV isn't on) and screams bloody murder if I try to make her leave the store.

• Options
    imageBrendaK:

I'm ALL ABOUT shopping online. I hate going to crowded places, especially with Paige. I shop online 95% of the time.

Buuuut, we have a party to go to this weekend, and I HAD to get the green owl sweater dress in her size. I was desperate.

Never again.

lol take a pic of her in her dress!!!! :) so cute

• Options

I kind of want to buy some of the kid girl stuff from the fall line for next fall.  If it's at the baby sale pricing I might pick it up.  

Did you get the triple place coupon?

And yes it figures, I think I have at least $100 in Gymbucks and I really don't like this line.  The one that comes out after redemption looks promising though. 

• Options

I am so glad I'm not the only Gymbo-mad person around!!!  I'm mostly so ashamed of myself, but I cannot stop shopping.  I have almost the entire Fall Fishing line for the boys, and some of the little copter for DS2, but I'm in the same boat.  I don't like the things that are discounted right now, as much as I liked the other stuff.  Plus it was cheaper last week, and that really hurts me.

Think I will be buying some summer clearance stuff, but I'm agonizing whether DS1 will be in 2T or 3T.  GAH!  Wish I had a crystal ball!!!

• Options

OMG! This explains why I just left a store in Ann Arbor that was a complete and utter disaster.

There was a women there with what appeared to be three or four kids and a huge sit and stand stroller. She was sprawled out on the floor with entire collections of clothing, matching things up, making piles. She literally - I kid you not - had trash bags she was filling with clothes.

It was obscene. I can't even believe the employees let her do that.

Yeah, I walked right out. I completely forgot I could have redeemed my Gymbucks today!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

For real, Lauren! It was totally the same in my store. Except no garbage bags... I would have died.

There were a couple women there who had 2-3 people with them... just to hold their piles.

The woman in front of me in line...? She rang up at $293, and had $150 worth of GB to redeem. So, of course, she had to go out and find something else worth $7. I mean, I get it, I would have too (not that I'd ever earn that much in GB!), but FFS, there are 20 people (and 7 random strollers with no parents) behind you. Thankfully, the cashier could just "suspend" the transaction and move on to me. :-)

• Options

FFS is right. Dear Lord.

How much do you have to spend to get $150 in gymbucks? My LORD.

Honestly, I like Gymboree but I get bored looking at the same collections over and over. Or maybe it's not boredom but impatience. :)

• Options

y'all are judgmental WHORES!!!!  ;)

I once had $400 in gymbucks.  I'm not lying.  It was from the Nov/Dec earning period, and I had done Christmas shopping for my nieces/nephews/cousin's kids from both me, my mom and my grandma.  Plus, things for Jackson that I wanted and that my grandma/mom wanted to get him.

I couldn't figure out WTF to spend them on when the time came, so I just gave them away.

This time I may have $150 - I'll have to check.  It's pretty easy to get to that amount (spend $300) with two kids.

• Options

Oh Beth, you're always deserving of an exception. :) But if I didn't know you and saw you ring up with FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS in Gymbucks, you'd definitely be getting my side-eye. :)

Smooches! 

You're right though - with multiple kids, it would be so. easy. to rack up the GBs.

• Options

Honestly I kind of judged myself that I had $400 in gymbucks.  Utterly ridiculous.

The Nov/Dec earning period is the worst, actually because I never ever like the spring line that comes out in January, but I do a lot of shopping b/c of Black Friday and deals in December during that time period.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"