South Florida Babies

Cramping...

What could it be... and please don't say labor?!

For the past hour or so, I've had some mild period-like cramps that have been constant (not come and go like I would suspect contrax to be).  Anyone have this?  Maybe dehydration?  I'm drinking a lot of water for the next hr... if it continues I'll call OB.

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Cramping...

• Can you time them?

Put your feet up and drink some water for the time being. Or lay on your left side if you're at home.  

• imageUMwife:

Can you time them?

Put your feet up and drink some water for the time being. Or lay on your left side if you're at home.  

Mija, I'm at work!  Where woud you like me to place my feet, or lay down!  LOL

It isn't anything timeable... it is a constant pain.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's possible that it's just normal cramping during pregnancy - perhaps a shift in position of one of the baby's?Or perhaps any recent lifting of something heavier than usual?  I've never really heard of dehydration causing a "constant" cramp but I guess it could be possible and drinking water is a good idea...Because of course, dehydration can cause contractions and even though you may feel these cramps as "constant", it can be contractions!! But definitely, if it doesn't ease up, give your Ob a call. Keep us posted and hope it gets better!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ahh wishful thinking! You mean they don't provide beds and stools for your feet at work? Goodness! Who runs that place?! LOL ;)

Maybe a copy machine paper box to put your feet up on? There's gotta be something around there. 

Do you have any protein snacks? Cheese? Peanut butter crackers? Anything? I would get cramps with Carley when I would wait too long between snacks or not drink enough water. Just the babies giving you a gentle reminder ;) But def call your OB if you're still experiencing cramps in an hour. 

• Dehydration can definitely cause contractions - I had them constantly and had to go to L&D for IVs and monitoring.  My Dr always told me to lie down drink a lot of water and if they don't go away after an hour - go to the hospital.  Call your OB, that's what they're there for.

Could you have pulled something?  Gas maybe?  

image image

• Yeah, doctor just called back. 

They are contractions.  I'm going in to L&D to stop them and hydrate me.  Keep us in your T&P please... and ssshh from FB!

Thanks.

-- Jackie
  • imagecocojack10:

Yeah, doctor just called back. 

They are contractions.  I'm going in to L&D to stop them and hydrate me.  Keep us in your T&P please... and ssshh from FB!

Thanks.

Lots of T&P to you and your boys!  Hang in there!

• Lots of T&P your way! Let us know how it goes!
  • Jackie, I hope you're doing okay!  Keep us updated!
  • Lots of prayers!  I'm glad you called your OB.  Good luck, Jackie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lots of thoughts and prayers!! Good luck!
  • Hope the 3 of you are doing ok and that the contractions stopped!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• That's what I was gonna say they were. I had cramping in the last 4 weeks. I didn't realize I was actually having contractions until I was in labor and finally had something to reference to.

Hope everything goes well @ L&D and that you're sent home hydrated and feeling better!  

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • I get exactly what you're describing all the time! The cramps actually get pretty severe and they really are constant. I've timed them before, just out of curiosity and to be able to talk to my doctor if need be. My experience has been that they are pretty bad for up to two hours and then all of a sudden disappear.

I'd call your OB, which you probably have done already. Mine had me come in when they first started. They don't seem to be causing any issues for me. I hope it's nothing to worry about with you. 

ETA: I should have read all the responses before posting! I hope all is well and the contractions have stopped. Sending you lots of positive vibes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"