Two Under 2
Options

What swing do you have? where in home is it?

My sister gave me a Fisher Price Swing and we put it in the living room (where I assumed it would go when baby #2 is here) and DS crawls over to it and grabs the basket part and starts swinging in back and forth....I'm wondering if when baby #2 is in the basket will DS want to swing it back and forth...

...what swing do you have? Where is it in home? Do you try to block it off from LO #1??

Thanks

Re: What swing do you have? where in home is it?

• Options
    i have the FP Rainforest swing and its in our living room. The first day DD played with it, now she mostly ignores it and tries to be up my butt more than anything, lol. When #2 cries and talks she will go investigate, but thats it
  • Options
    I have 2 swings...both are the FP Aquarium swing. One is upstairs in our bedroom where he sleeps at night & the other is in the family room for napping. He really only naps downstairs if Lilly & I are upstairs showering or playing. At first she used to try and mess with it but then I made it VERY clear she was not to touch it at all. She did continue to do it but I found that if I ignored her behavior (as long as DS was safe of course) she stopped. She doesnt go near it now. 
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This post made me laugh thinking back to how we temporarily had to deal with this issue:

Yep, we put that play yard thing we never used to good use and blocked the swing off.

DS1 was only 13.5 months when his baby brother came along, and he just didn't get it. He would not leave him alone. He would throw toys at his head (sometimes on purpose, sometimes not), wake him up from naps, steal his binky, put blankets over his head, etc. My DH thought of this solution. I felt like poor DS2 was in baby jail though. :) We didn't keep it like this long, but it did work!

We had a full-sized Graco swing in the living room/play room, and then a travel-sized swing downstairs in the Family Room for when he went downstairs with us after DS1 went to bed. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    I can't speak to how LO#1 handles the swing, because LO#2 isn't here yet.  But we have the Graco Swing n Bounce swing and we LOVE it!  DD is 6 months and still uses it pretty frequently.  It's a combination swing and bouncy seat.  It also has 6 setting for the swing, plays music and nature sounds, and vibrates.  It was pricy, but we got it at our shower.  It also plugs in which is key since DD slept in the swing for a good part of her first two months and we would have killed the batteries.  Here's the link to the amazon site for it: https://hartford.craigslist.org/gms/1948695552.html  Ours is a different pattern than the one shown here
  • Options
    DD is a crazy monkey and climbs, hangs and plays with our old swing that we recently brought back upstairs.  We're changing plans and going to get one of those portable small swings that can sit on a table, or off the floor etc. and we're going to put it somewhere she can't reach it (hopefully).  Who knows?  She'll probably learn to climb the counters by then and we'll just have to get creative.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekimthgr8:
    i have the FP Rainforest swing and its in our living room. The first day DD played with it, now she mostly ignores it and tries to be up my butt more than anything, lol. When #2 cries and talks she will go investigate, but thats it

We have the same swing and it will also go in our living room...that's where we kept it when he was a newborn. I am also guessing this is exactly how our son will react to it. Once he realizes it's off limits (or that his messing with it will likely get the baby more of mom's attention), he will leave it alone.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We have the FP I Glide.   It's in the living room, which also happens to be where Natalie plays a lot.    She does go for the swing, but I tell her 'no' firmly and then redirect.    Now, if Dominic is in it, she'll look at him but not touch.   I started telling her no to the swing before the baby came.  Luckily, she listens better than my oldest!
  • Options

We have a Graco Lovin' Hug swing that is in our attic (I just haven't brought it back down yet) and a FP Precious Planet travel swing.  That thing goes everywhere with us!!  It's so lightweight that I move it from room to room as I need it. 

My daughter doesn't really mess with the swing.  She's much more interested in the other baby things we have (play mat, pacifiers, Bumbo, etc.)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"