Blended Families

I saw a post one of the boards the other day...

It really got to me. I wanted to post a response but I refrained. A woman said her husband had just left her and her son (whom she named after her husband as a junior). I don't think she ever said what his reason for leaving was.

The responses are what bothered me. Obviously the OP was upset, but their were a lot of responses that she should change his name to something else. They basically acted like even if a dad walked out on his wife that automatically means he walked out on his child too. I see this a lot in people have that have never been in this type of circumstance but it still bothers me.

If I find it is it okay to link, or is that a bump/nest no, no?

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

Re: I saw a post one of the boards the other day...

• It's okay to link, but not to copy/paste content.
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Loading the player...
  • i think that ppl feel that way because in many instances the dad did walk out on the child too. for example when i was 11 my dad walked out on us for another woman my mom had been a stay at home mom and we literally had $27 dollars in the bank, when my dad came back he evn admitted he only came back cause he had caught hi mistress with another man and now that my parents are divorced will i am a adult he never calls and i have a 15 year old brother who he never even tries to see. my point is there are some cases that dads & moms leave a spouse but also leave the child too. my brother was three when my dad walked out and he honestly thought that dad left cuse he decided that he didnt love him. as to changing the childs name thats silly cause maybe the son will want a relationship with his dad you cant just act like the man isnt his father
  • It is sad that her dh left her and based on her post it seemed sudden and that maybe he didn't want to try to work through their problems.  I certainly don't think I would change my childs name, and I'd think she would need to get permission from her husband?

I guess it just seems like people immediately jump to the conclusion or assumed that the husband has totally abandoned his family, when I am sure that might not fully be the case.

• DHs name is different from his (original) BC. His parents were never married. His mom named him after her brother which also happened to be the same first name of her new boyfriend. And he gave him her last name. When his dad got custody of him at 5 months he changed his first and last name (only middle stayed the same) Now his younger brother has the first name he originally had. But his family is all sorts of messed up....Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"