LGBT Parenting

Where'd you buy your stockings?

Yes, Christmas questions in September.  But you already know i'm crazy like that.

So last year we scrambled to scrounge together stockings for the kids as they arrived days before christmas.  This year I want a nice set of matching ones, but nothing is grabbing my attention.  Where did you get yours?  bonus points for PIP :)

Re: Where'd you buy your stockings?

• no PIP - but we got ours at pottery barn and they are FABULOUS!

they are personalized (for maybe $5 more?) and they aren't all matchy matchy - DH has a snowman, lula has a ballarina and I have an ice skater.  the quality is superb.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

{forever remembered and missed my sweet babe}

*m/c 10/10/10 - 7w0d*

• Yeah I am not even sure what we have stashed in the Christmas deco box in the garage....I know we have stocking for DW and I but it would be nice to have three "matchy" ones. 

I am excited about our annual ornament!!  Each year we get a personalized ornament for our tree! We have had our doggies on it and now we get to have our human baby too!  I am also excited to pick out her "My FIrst Christmas" ornament!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First I would like to start with that you are driving me crazy....I don't even have a halloween costume yet and I just left the martha stewart site because I was overwhelmed with what to do for Ella!  Anyway my mom got Ella her stocking last year.  I think it was pottery barn.  I will have to check though.  Oh and when I looked at the christmas pics from last year I can not believe how much E has changed in compared to the new siggy pic!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got the ones for the kids from Garnet Hill the year they were born. They match and have their names on them.  L and I have stockings that we got when we first got together - from Target, perhaps. No pictures...sorry!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I haven't even thought about it.  I still have my childhood stocking that my mom made and embroidered with a Santa's workshop theme.  K uses one I bought her the first year we were together.  I would love it if my mom would make one for JB....or maybe I should try....we'll see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't have/do stockings but I have heard great things about the ones from Pottery Barn. Thestockingplace.com and merrystockings.com seem to have a lot of choices including Hanukkah stockings and ones you can make/personalize at home.

I can't wait to see pics of what you end up with :-)

• We've had these knit ones for a couple of years.  I actually found them for a few bucks each at the Christmas Tree Shop (which is a chain of bargain stores...do we only have these in New England?).  They seem to have an assortment of them every year.

I don't think they'd fit much in them for actual stuffing (we've only used them for decoration thus far).  I hadn't thought yet about getting a special one for Henry!

photo

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We both have ones from when we were kids, but I got Gwen's from PersonalizationMall.com. I like that they have ones that coordinate, but don't have to match.

Her's is the snowflake one: 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • We both have ones from when we were kids, but I got Gwen's from PersonalizationMall.com. I like that they have ones that coordinate, but don't have to match (in case we have a second).

Her's is the snowflake one: 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • pottery barn. they have free shipping on them a lot too.
  • I bought these stockings a few years ago from Pottery Barn; DD has the gingerbread man, my little brother got the elf, and my friends daughter got the ballerina.  I use a stocking that my Grandma knit for me when I was a baby and DW uses the Trojans stocking I got for her a couple years ago.

• lots of great choices - thanks!

• I have too many, but only two coordinate!  The latest came from Target and are super cute (cream, silver, and sparkly).
  • On a side note: I totally thought this post was about matching leg stockings for the kids...and I thought "huh, maybe its a parent thing and I'm new to the whole thing".... 

:-) guess I need some sleep

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That is so funny! Thanks for the good laugh.  I am right there with you on the lack of sleep and most things I am laughing uncontrollably about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"