Working Moms
Options

I don't like to wear the pants!! *Vent*

Back to work for almost a month... Hubby stays home w/ the LO during the day and then he goes to work for a few hours in the evenings and one weekend day. Schedule-wise this has worked out very well!

My day: wake at 3:45am, work out in some way w/ friend, home so hubby can get to the gym, then leave for work nlt 5am, work 6am until 2pm or whenever i get done... home around 3 or so. Feed LO, throw something together for dinner, try to watch something on tv while cleaning up from hubby being home all day (he's not messy, he's just not me lol) still have the 12 yr old DD to take to practice or whatever then hubby is home.. bathe DD and then rock to sleep.. insert many  yawns and then look at clock, gasp, it's 9:45 or 10:00pm, walk to bedroom, fall on bed.

It sucks! Now he's the one to tell me how to soothe DD... the 12 yr old asks HIM for homework help! The "schedule" I had DD on is almost completely different because she's getting older... she smiles at him all the time now... and he "thinks" and usually is the one who can calm her down when she needs it... and he says "i've already seen that" and "she's done that before" it seems like ALL the time! 

I somehow squeeze time in there to tell him about the bills, car, or other normal "stuff" that married people talk about! 

I don't like to wear the pants in this family anymore!!!!!!! 

Re: I don't like to wear the pants!! *Vent*

• Options

What times does DH get home in the evening? Can't he help with some of the bedtime duties?  It also seems like maybe you're just stressed with being back at work, which is totally normal!  I can't believe you're surviving on such little sleep, though.  What time do your kids go to bed?  Can DH help w/ some of the stuff around the house since he's home all day.  (And yes, I know that being home doesn't mean that there's a lot of time to take care of household chores!)

Good luck!  Take a deep breath!

• Options
    Honestly, the first thing to go for me with that schedule would be the gym, and the coming home at 5am so DH could go to the gym. I wouldn't be waking up until 5am. For one, if you're done with work at 2pm, can't you go to the gym then if DH is home? Second, your DH could go to the gym during the day, many places offer childcare. I could not get by on so little sleep, something would have to give. If you're not getting adequate sleep, no amount of working out will help you. I hope you also have something worked out with your DH about cleaning, or have a cleaning lady, because I couldn't imagine doing that on top of everything else, too. Oh, and 12 years old is plenty old enough to help out around the house and with younger siblings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So can your husband get a job so you can quit and switch roles?
  • Options
    Why in the world are you getting up at 3:45 am to work out? 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Working out is important but there has to be a way to either switch off days with DH, or go in the afternoon, or something. It doesn't matter how hard you exercise, if you are getting that little sleep, it's not healthy. 
  • Options

As others say, I think part of your stress is lack of sleep.  Also, I know if I was a SAH I would get work done around the house.  Why can't he throw dinner together in a crockpot?

It sounds like DH is taking the SAHD a little too far and enjoying a vacation from it if you are still having to do all the work.  What does he do when LO is sleeping during the day?  Does he really not do anything?

Also, if you are frustrated that when you see LO do something for the first time and he says yeah I know, maybe talk to him about being a little more excited about how you discovered it and a little more sensitive to your feelings.  I know some moms ask the daycare not to tell them of baby's firsts so they feel like they see it first and not the daycare provider.  You may need to have the same talk with DH.

• Options

I still don't get it. Your DH does everything at home while you are working and then you switch.

• Options

I am so confused by this.

So you are workign full time and busting your butt to get everything done at home, and he... does what exactly??

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageThe_Jen626:

I am so confused by this.

So you are workign full time and busting your butt to get everything done at home, and he... does what exactly??

I am confused by the opposite - it sounds like he watches the kid(s) during the day, helps with homework, cuddles, etc. and then goes to work in the evenings when she gets home.  Aside from the freaking 3am workout thing, it sounds like a normal day with two working parents. What am I missing?
  • Options

I'm working full time yes - and doing most of the stuff at home as well while he works a few hours in the evening. 

I'M JEALOUS! 

He gets to be w/ LO all day, rides his Harley to work, for a few hours, no set schedule just needs to get things done w/in a week or so, doesn't have to sit in traffic, gets his gym time in and then a nap afterward... I do the money, the bills, the commute to work w/ a million of my closest friends in DC, the workout during the wee hours...

Jealous... that's all.  He knows and sees everything LO does.. new sounds, new likes and dislikes.

• Options

you need to re-arrange things w/ your husband, and you need to let some things go.

there's no reason you need to work out first - he could do that or do his work out while home w/ your LO/while they are napping; also he should be doing the bulk of the housework and meal prep.  It might not be to your standards, but you need to let it go.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"