Baby Showers

MIL at shower

My sisters are hosting a shower for me in a few weeks.  The invites are going out to my mom's side of the family as well as my step-dad's side.  My MIL lives 2 1/2 hrs away and is hosting a shower along with my SIL a few weeks after that. 

Should my sisters send an invite to my MIL even though my MIL is hosting a shower as well?

Re: MIL at shower

• I don't see why not. When I got married, my MIL and my mom/sister each threw me separate showers and invited each other, even though they knew the other would not attend (my MIL and my family live on opposite sides of the country, so it wasn't practical for either to attend the other shower). It seems like it's just a gesture of kindness, like, "We know this is an important time for you as well."
    BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would invite her.

Etiquette in my family is to invite EVERYONE to EVERYTHING whether they can come or not. 

I don't extend this outside the family though - friends who live out of state or have already mentioned not being able to come don't get invites, because I think it's a fairly transparent gift grab.

Go with what's "the norm" in your circle.  I doubt a grandma will find a baby shower invite rude either way.

ETA: also, I know my mom and MIL will both save the invite on their fridges forever and ever.  That's just how they roll.  My mom lives 1000 miles away and won't be coming, but she'll still get an invite for this reason.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • I would just to be polite. 
  • Yes, for she is going to be a grandma of the baby as well.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"