North Carolina Babies

What a rough week

Last Wednesday, about 15 minutes after I was on here and posted the birth story of my boys, my DH got a phone call from my dad that I never expected.

My mom had stayed with us the night before and had left that morning to do payroll for my dad's business.  She said she hoped to be back by 11 am, so I could shower and DH and I could take the twins to the pediatrician.

Not long after she got to work, she had a heart attack.  My dad didn't call until after my mom got out of surgery, so he would have news to tell us.

Thankfully, she is ok.  She got 3 stents put in.  As long as she changes her diet, goes to rehab, etc, she should be just fine.

That's not the news you want to hear 5 days after you give birth.  It's been an emotional roller coaster, going from extreme happiness over finally becoming a mother, to being scared out of my mind that I was going to lose my mom.

Sorry this is so long.  I just wanted to get this all out, as well as to kinda explain why I posted my birth story and ran.  I didn't mean to AW and then peace out. :)  It's just been a long week.  

TTC since Jan. 07
6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!

Re: What a rough week

• First of all, no need to apologize AT ALL!  Even if you had just posted a birth story and ran - that would be A-OKAY because you have TWO babes to look after.

Secondly, I'm so glad that your mom will recover.  I can't imagine what an emotional roller coaster you must have been on.

Take care of yourself and I'll say a little prayer that your mom continues to improve and has a quick and uncomplicated recovery!

• imageSpeedGlenn:

First of all, no need to apologize AT ALL!  Even if you had just posted a birth story and ran - that would be A-OKAY because you have TWO babes to look after.

Secondly, I'm so glad that your mom will recover.  I can't imagine what an emotional roller coaster you must have been on.

Take care of yourself and I'll say a little prayer that your mom continues to improve and has a quick and uncomplicated recovery!

Ditto everything Speed said!  Prayers for you and your family as you are adjusting to parenthood of twins!  Plus, dealing with your mom's health scare!  I am glad she is okay.  I hope she will take it easy and will follow the Dr.'s recommendations! 

Hugs to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh, how scary! I am so glad your mom is ok.

As much as we'd love to hear all about your little guys, trust us--you don't owe us any certain amount of "face time" on here! I think you've got plenty to occupy your time these days. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• OMG that is scary news about your mom. I am so glad to hear she is doing well now and will certainly keep your family in my t&p. Your boys are just beautiful! Glad to hear you are hanging in there.
  • Glad your mom is going to be okay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • Oh how scary for you and your family!  I'm glad your mom is doing better - T&P for all of you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry to hear about your moms heart attack, but I am glad the surgery went well and she is recovering well. I will continue to think of her!

• OMG VC, I am so sorry to hear that.  My dad had a heart attack back in April and ended up with four way bypass.  He had a good recovery and is doing quite well these days.  That is the same advice my dad got too - change diet, QUIT smoking (which he actually has!). 

I am really sorry to hear the news though, and many thoughts & prayers that your mom will recover just fine!!!  Also hope things are going well with your little boys!!  :) 

• Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine how terrifying that must have been for you. *huge hugs* I'm glad she's gonna be ok.
  • Ditto Speed.  Wow, I cannot imagine what it has been like for you!  I'm so glad that your mom is okay.
  • Oh my goodness! That's just about too much for a person to handle all at once. Glad your mom is doing better. Prayers for all of you!
  • Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear this. How scary. I am so glad she is doing ok. Sending lots of prayers your way. Hang in there and congrats again on those beautiful boys. :) ((Hugs))
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • oh my gosh!!! i'm so glad she is okay, i can't even imagine!!  you and your family will be in my prayers!
  • OMG.  So sorry to hear that.  So glad she is okay though.

I am sure your baby boys are keeping you busy!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How scary!! I'm sure you have had a rough week!  Many good thoughts for your mom and a quick recovery!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your crazy week.  I'm so glad that your mom is doing good and that her prognosis is positive.  The first few weeks were so hard for me and I didn't have two or having any family medical issues.  Hang in there and don't apologize.  Lots of T&P.
  • imagecmbrown:

OMG.  So sorry to hear that.  So glad she is okay though.

I am sure your baby boys are keeping you busy!

ditto!

• Oh my!  That is a crazy rough week.  I hope that your mom has a full and quick recovery.  Take care of yourself and no apologies!  Lots of thoughts & prayers for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  This experience just really makes you appreciate what you have.

***Anne*** - I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing well.  I know that must have turned your world upside down, too.  Knowing others can get through this ok makes me believe that my mom can follow the doctor's orders and get better.  She was a smoker, but actually quit right when the boys were born. She knows she has to make sure she quits for good because of those stents.  It's awesome that your dad managed to quit.  I wish your dad all the best!

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
  • I hope you're mom's recovery is speedy and she's up and about again soon.  Sorry to hear she's having to deal with this instead of getting to spend time with her new grandbabies!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hope your mom is feeling better. My dad had a stent put in and was back to golfing in no time. Now if I could just get him to quit smoking his pipe. . .
  • I'm so glad to hear she's doing well - I cannot even imagine how you guys must have processed this at such an already emotional time. Thanks for sharing.
  • I'm so sorry but I'm glad she is doing ok.  How scary and stressful for all of you. 

Take care of yourself my friend!

• Wow....you've been through a lot.  I'm sorry to hear about your mom but so glad she's alright.  I hope she makes some changes soon.  You deserve a break!  Enjoy your sweet angels.  I love your siggy pic.
  • def. no need to apologize for posting and running!! so sorry to hear about your mom but I'm glad she got thru surgery and is on the mend. You and yoru family are in my thoughts and prayers with all of this going on.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"