Snarky and T-TTC

Doxycycline

Stupid bottle says to take it on an empty stomach. Makes me super nauseous, and of course I read this:

"Take doxycycline with food or following a meal. If you have taken doxycycline on an empty stomach before and gotten away with it, the next time may be different. Doxycycline induced nausea is quite unpleasant and more serious stomach irritation can occur."

But stupid bottle says empty stomach. Grrrrr.

Re: Doxycycline

• Lurker here - I am on Doxy too ugh for the nausea!  I feel your pain!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Does you bottle also force you to take it either 3 hours after eating, or one hour prior? I am so used to eating every 2-3 hours, this is killing me
  • Loading the player...
  • Take it with food. Trust me. It may take longer to take effect, but it will work and your tummy will be happier.
  • imageDr.Loretta:
    Take it with food. Trust me. It may take longer to take effect, but it will work and your tummy will be happier.
    This. My nurse actually told me to ignore what the bottle said and to only take it after having had eaten something. I didn't do that one time and regretted it. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Woot! That means I can eat my carrots and plum before HH! Squeee!
  • imageroselln2:
    imageDr.Loretta:
    Take it with food. Trust me. It may take longer to take effect, but it will work and your tummy will be happier.
    This. My nurse actually told me to ignore what the bottle said and to only take it after having had eaten something. I didn't do that one time and regretted it. Good luck!

My nurse said the same thing...
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • be careful in the sun on that stuff too

doxy + tropical sun =severe sun poisoning on my honeymoon.  so not fun.

Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • My bottle of doxy told me to take it with food or milk.  I took it once without food, and it wasn't very pleasant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"