Adoption

today is my bday...

...and i seem to be waiting and waiting forever to be a mom.  one of my best friends ( i basically keep in touch w/ friends through email after this nightmare) told me that my goddaughter and her sister are now 6 and 9.  i was just recently married when she had her now 6 year old and i vividly remember visiting her in the hospital to see the baby.  i have already been married over 6 years and nothing to show for all my efforts in trying to be a mom and today i turned 44 years old.

i don't want to hear that once i adopt everything will get better or that i will adopt and it will happen.  i am really hoping that this will be the year, but i will regret being an older mom and i have regretted so much that i have missed these past 6 years. 

thanks for listening. i know have so many other gifts that i've been blessed with in my life, but loss of children in my life is just a constant void and i can't help but just cry today.  my dh is so wonderful and bought me flowers and cheesecake. i just have lots of healing to do...

excuse my rambling, but it's hard not to ponder on what you've accomplished on your bday and get emotional...

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.

Re: today is my bday...

• So sorry you are feeling down.  I wish I had words of wisdom but I don't.

Hang in there....

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I'm sorry you were sad on your birthday! :( I hope this is the year you finally get your baby!!!!!!! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry you are feeling down. Happy Birthday! I hope all of your wishes come true this year.
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • My thoughts are with you.  I have been married for almost 10 years, which is longer than most of my friends.  Yet, during these 10 years, I have seen lots of friends and my sisters effortlessly get pregnant and have babies, while I am still childless with two painful losses.  It is depressing to think about how the time I have spent trying to become a mom is lost time with my children that I can't get back.  Hugs to you!
  • First, Happy Birthday. While you may not feel like celebrating (trust me I went through the same thing on my birthday) you still have a wonderful husband you understands. Thinking of you today and hoping that this is your year!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thinking of you today, my dear S!! (((((((((hugs))))))))))) 

Cake

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • I really appreciate your responses. They mean so much to me. I know I'm not the most positive person and probably too emotional at times, but, hey, that's me.

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"