Upstate NY Babies

So the end to my walmart photo printing story.

So I don't know if I actually posted on here about my experience with the walmart photo center on friday but I put it on FB.
This is a LOOONG story but I'll try to keep it shortish.. I ordered pics from our photo shoot with Michele Thursday night to pick up Friday morning (1 hour). Got the confirmation email and all that.. photos were supposedly ready at 10am.. got there at 1045. Kid says machines broken.. I called later and it was still broken.. so I tried to cancel the order online.. no luck. I call again sat. morning figuring the machine must be fixed and they'll have my pics. Nope. Kid says that the machine won't be fixed til Monday and that they'll call when its ready and I'll get 50% off for the inconvience. FINE.

Monday rolls around.. I finally get a call from them at like 530pm that I have to reorder the prints..they're not just going to automatically going to print them. OK.. so I order them late last night.. Again.. they said they'll be ready around 10am.

I get there today around noon. The guy at the desk seems pretty clueless and he tells me only part of my order had printed.. but i can wait for the rest of it.. I'm annoyed.. but I wait.. I go back.. The original kid I've been dealing with all along is there.. they have my pictures.. but.. I forgot to bring the copyright release form with me (I had it with me on Friday, of course). They won't give them to me. I know its my fault.. but they seriously could have been a little more accomodating after all of this). I basically left crying and told them I wouldn't be back, but I called DH from the parking lot and he said we should go back for them.. because at 50% off you can't beat the price..

So DH picked up the copyright release after work from me and he went there this evening. The photo center was closed or closing.. it took them forever to find our pics or whatever.. and DH misunderstood me as to how many pics we were supposed to have.. So he asked to talk to a manager.. turns out.. he went to school with her.. LOL.  I had 4 pics that i sent.. and I was getting thier "standard package" of each.. which is an 8x10, 3 5x7s and 4 wallets (or maybe 8).. It was going to be $10 after the 50% off for all of that.. 

Here's what DH came home with.. of each picture.. 3 8x10s, 24 wallets, and 6 5x7s.. AND.. since he didn't think that was right.. they are reprinting the entire original order..which I can (Supposedly) pick up tomorrow. So total.. thats going to be like 16 8x10s.. 36 5x7s, and 100something wallets..  All for $10.  Who knows how the idiots came up with that many extra pics. And god only knows what I'm going to do with all of those pics.. Anyone want some pics of Eve and our family? LOL.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: So the end to my walmart photo printing story.

• what a clusterfvck. I would write a letter directly to the store and let the store manager know about what problems you had. I know they are giving you lots of free prints, but I would still be aggravated.

Are the prints at least ok quality? Every time I've ordered from Wal-Mart, they are so grainy and terrible.

• I am done using Walmart photo too.  My pictures are messed up every.single.time.  After having to get the pictures reprinted several times and dealing with the ridiculously uncooperative staff, it is not faster or more convenient than just ordering the prints on Shutterfly, and paying more money is worth it to me for my peace of mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my dear lord. I would have cried too and holy moses that is a lot of pictures!  I don't know how that price worked out, their wallets cost a fortune! I swear, the people who aren't smart enough to stock shelves or work a register get a job in their photo dept. They're unbelievable. 

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNikCole:

Are the prints at least ok quality? Every time I've ordered from Wal-Mart, they are so grainy and terrible.

They are OK. Perfect? no. Well 2 of them are pretty good.. but two of them look a little blurry for some reason, esp on the 8x10s. even though they aren't in the actual file.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Walmart sucks!!!  I use mpix.com, little bit more pricey, but ALWAYS great quality!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"