Georgia Babies

Had my first internal today

And there ain't NOTHING going on down there!  Blah!  Not even a fingertip dialated and he hasn't dropped at all.  I know, I know - it doesn't really mean anything.  But I never made any progress with C either so I was hoping for something with this one.  Oh well.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Had my first internal today

• Ouch, sorry for no progress :(  Were you induced or did you have a c-section with C?  I never went into labor on my own with either of my boys, foreign concept to me!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • I was induced with C at 4 days overdue.  I have a feeling I am going to be in the same boat and not go into labor on my own.  I guess something could happen - I have 12 more days until my due date.  But I just have this gut feeling.  Maybe if I stop sitting around eating birthday cake and candy corn he will want to come out!
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't do this now, but what about after your due date, trying natural induction methods? Do a couple doses of castor oil, get lots of physical activity by scrubbing your house (added bonus of getting it nice and tidy before baby comes!), and talking your husband into some sexy time?Stick out tongue Also, have your provider strip your membranes at your 40 week appt. This will not put you into labor if your body is not ready, but if your body is ready, it can get things started.

A due date is an estimation, so please don't feel like your body is a lemon and can't do it's job. The baby will come out. As long as the baby is okay and your placenta looks good, there isn't any reason to medically induce up to 42 weeks.

• imagePuppiesAndRainbows:

A due date is an estimation, so please don't feel like your body is a lemon and can't do it's job. The baby will come out. As long as the baby is okay and your placenta looks good, there isn't any reason to medically induce up to 42 weeks.

While I 100% agree with this most OBs in the area won't let you go that long. My midwives will let you go to 43 weeks I believe, but they are not the norm.

And I had my membranes stripped twice with my son and it was pointless, it hurt and it didn't do a thing. I wouldn't do it again with this one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, for no progress. I never made any real progress with Hailey until I was induced @ 41 weeks. Who knows? Maybe baby boy will surprise you and kick things into high gear. :) Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageandrea922:
    imagePuppiesAndRainbows:

While I 100% agree with this most OBs in the area won't let you go that long. My midwives will let you go to 43 weeks I believe, but they are not the norm.

And I had my membranes stripped twice with my son and it was pointless, it hurt and it didn't do a thing. I wouldn't do it again with this one.

I guess I don't understand that. What do you mean, they won't "let" you go that far? I'm sorry, but they cannot force you to submit to an unnecessary induction, especially since it's based solely on due dates. What are they going to do, come to your house, handcuff you and force you into the hospital? As a patient, you have every right to refuse, and there's not a single thing they can do about it. However, I'm sure that they will use scare tactics and say stupid things like "well, we want a healthy mom and a healthy baby....", implying that if you won't submit to an unnecessary induction that means you don't care if you have a healthy baby or not.

That's why when I have a baby, barring any medical complications that make it impossible, I will be having my baby at home with a midwife.

I wouldn't do this now, but what about after your due date, trying natural induction methods? Do a couple doses of castor oil, get lots of physical activity by scrubbing your house (added bonus of getting it nice and tidy before baby comes!), and talking your husband into some sexy time?Stick out tongue Also, have your provider strip your membranes at your 40 week appt. This will not put you into labor if your body is not ready, but if your body is ready, it can get things started.

Oh jesus.  I didn't really want this to become this type of post.  I kind of know how this all works and don't think my body is a lemon.  But thanks for all of your suggestions.

• imageAlison422:
    imagePuppiesAndRainbows:

I wouldn't do this now, but what about after your due date, trying natural induction methods? Do a couple doses of castor oil, get lots of physical activity by scrubbing your house (added bonus of getting it nice and tidy before baby comes!), and talking your husband into some sexy time?Stick out tongue Also, have your provider strip your membranes at your 40 week appt. This will not put you into labor if your body is not ready, but if your body is ready, it can get things started.

Oh jesus.  I didn't really want this to become this type of post.  I kind of know how this all works and don't think my body is a lemon.  But thanks for all of your suggestions.

Okay, that's fine. I just thought based on this statement "I have a feeling I am going to be in the same boat and not go into labor on my own" you sounded a little down, so I wanted to offer some encouragement.

• I hope you get some progress in the next week.  I hear you though.  I went about 5 weeks at 1 cm.   I was 1 cm when I checked into the hospital!  

Good luck! I can't believe you are next, Alison!   Some of these pregnancies have been flying by!  

• Sorry you didn't make any progress yet... I know in the last couple of weeks it's nice to hear that *anything* is going on down there.  I hope he makes his appearance on his own.  Wow, he'll be here soon!  Good luck!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Boo for no progress! Hopefully baby boy will decide to appear before he has to take the SATs. Sending labor vibes to you in the next few weeks. Hang in there. The waiting these last few weeks suck. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know that must have been super disappointing to hear.  Don't forget that baby #2 won't "drop" until labor really begins.  At least that's what all my books say about second, third, + births, and my experience was the same.  Hang in there mama!  You'll be singing at Faces in no time! 
    imageandrea922:
    imagePuppiesAndRainbows:

I guess I don't understand that. What do you mean, they won't "let" you go that far? I'm sorry, but they cannot force you to submit to an unnecessary induction, especially since it's based solely on due dates. What are they going to do, come to your house, handcuff you and force you into the hospital? As a patient, you have every right to refuse, and there's not a single thing they can do about it. However, I'm sure that they will use scare tactics and say stupid things like "well, we want a healthy mom and a healthy baby....", implying that if you won't submit to an unnecessary induction that means you don't care if you have a healthy baby or not.

That's why when I have a baby, barring any medical complications that make it impossible, I will be having my baby at home with a midwife.

This is amusing.  There are many reasons that someone should be induced before 42 weeks, and often that is the reason women are. Do I believe that pregnancy should magically be over at 40 weeks? No, in fact my son was 15 days late. I don't really need a lecture on the ins and outs of inductions.

And yes, some doctors will refuse to treat you if you go past their recommended induction date. Good for you for wanting a homebirth with a midwife - which, by the way, will be not so easy since it is illegal for midwives to attend homebirths in GA - but don't come on here and make the moms and moms to be feel guilty about their choices, decisions or frustrations. 

Alison, I hope you go into labor soon and without having to be induced!

• alison we can walk up and down the hill coming into our neighborhood a few times!  that should get things moving.  You know there is always scalinis!   HA! 

If you don't already have one, email me when you get to this point - I love mine!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • imagemmd7999:
    alison we can walk up and down the hill coming into our neighborhood a few times!  that should get things moving.  You know there is always scalinis!   HA! 

Seriously! Now that the weather has cooled down I need to get out there with Chase and do some serious walking!

• I know that is frustrating to hear. I hope in the next 12 days he decides to come on out on his own.

I went for my 39 week appt. My midwife said the same thing. No progress. See you next week. I went into labor that night. It is crazy how that happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAlison422:

imagemmd7999:
    alison we can walk up and down the hill coming into our neighborhood a few times!  that should get things moving.  You know there is always scalinis!   HA! 
    -

Seriously! Now that the weather has cooled down I need to get out there with Chase and do some serious walking!

That hill sounds more like a hike than a walk! I hope SOMETHING gets moving for you...the last weeks (and I didn't make it as far as you) suck......whether you go for an induction or not.....come out, baby!!!!!!! You have a million Bump-mamas who wanna see your adorable face!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"