Military Families
Options

Safety Issue: Suspicious "TRICARE" Calls

I wanted to share information that was sent out today from my MTF- this is something that spouses and Soldiers should know about.

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Recently there has been a rash of calls to military personnel from individuals who claimed to be with the DoD requesting information under the guise of it being a TRICARE national survey.

Personnel have been asked for personal information such as: Social Security Number, home address, and date of birth. Additionally, the caller asked about deployment status and length of deployments. The national and local TRICARE offices do conduct surveys; They never request personal information. If you receive a call from anyone about a TRICARE survey and believe it to be false, contact your local TRICARE office immediately.

The below link is some added safeguard measures from the TRICARE website:
https://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/home/Medical/RightsAndResponsibilities/ProtectingPersonalInformation

If you receive a call that requests personal information, DO NOT disclose it. Ask the caller basic types of questions to help you determine if the call is legitimate, i.e. a call back number, their name and employee number, the name of the company needing the information, and why they need your personal information.

Remember, your personal information is yours and you need to protect it.

Re: Safety Issue: Suspicious "TRICARE" Calls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"