School-Aged Children

How did you find out about this board?

I was just clicking around. I bet many moms don't know that this is here. It could be a great place to get ideas and share stories.

I put it on my local nest board just to let other moms know that there is a school-aged kids board. I bet most ladies aren't thinking of the bump when they think of their big kid.

Will you post on your local board of the nest that this is here?

Newlyweds since 2007

Re: How did you find out about this board?

• I was one of the people who wrote to the Nest Gods and asked that this board be created!

I have been a member of the Toddlers board, although my son was 3 when most regulars' kids were just turning 1, the Toddlers 24+ board when my son was 3 or 4 and most kids were just turning two, and of the preschool board when my son was 4 or 5 (but still in preschool) and most of the others' children had just turned 2, but they moved up to the preschool board anyway.

I still post fairly regularly on the Preschool board, but I'm really glad to have this board and meet other moms whose kids are closer to my kids' ages!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I saw a post on the Parenting board requesting this board. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Bump Eileen posted on the Seattle Bump that is was a new board and to check it out. I posted on our Seattle board but nobody really responded. Most of the kiddos there are little ones.

I am actually really happy that this board is here. So thank you very much for pursuing it.  

• imageali-1411:
    I saw a post on the Parenting board requesting this board. 

This.  I don't post on a local board.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStarAnnice:

imageali-1411:
    I saw a post on the Parenting board requesting this board. 

That was from me.  I've been advocating for this board since last December.  Finally, Bump Eileen sent me a message with an e-mail addy to have everyone e-mail to.  So, I went around to about 5 boards (Preschool, Parenting, Blended Families, SAHM's, and my home board, 3-6, at the time) and asked if anyone was interested if they'd e-mail.  I caught some crap on the Parenting board, hence, why I'm not a poster there. 

Anyhow, that's how this board was born. Wink 

You're welcome.  LOL

I was part of the crap-giving.

No hard feelings, nothing personal.  I didn't see the need for this board.  Most posters on the Parenting board have school-age and older kids.  And as you can see...this board is pretty slow.  

• I heard about it from you, Surfinbride!  I believe on our Hawaii bump board!  Thanks for the head's up.  Now I have something else to help me slack off at work!
  • I just noticed it in the list of boards one day.  I sent in many, many requests for an older kids board over the past year as well.  So glad it's here! I love my baby mama e-friends, but not many have 6 yr old too!

I didn't jump on the 2U2 train..hehe

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"