Houston Babies
Options

Diaper cakes - if you know about 'em come in

I know some people hate these - this post is not for you. Stick out tongue  But seriously, it's not to be a debate about the merits.

For those that like them and/or know about diaper cake etiquette, please weigh in.

A friend's sister is throwing her a shower.  For her 3rd baby.  So we are already past the etiquette stage.  We have recently rekindled a friendship since college and I wasn't at the first 2 showers so I'm happy about this one and excited to go.  It is her second daughter and she has already posted on FB about consignment shops for selling clothes, so I don't think she has a huge need in this area.  She has registered for mostly essentials like diapers, diapers, more diapers, and then some small things like BPA free bottles and such.

Rather than giving a box of diapers, I thought I'd like to make a pretty diaper cake using the kind of diapers she wants (Pampers). 

Is bringing a diaper cake as a gift a no-no?  Is that the sort of thing that only the shower hostess would give?  Accents like onesies, burp cloths, bibs, and paci's or wash cloths, butt paste, baby wash, etc. were going to be part of the "decoration" on the cake.

Of course I'll also check with the hostess in case she has one already so it doesn't compete with hers.  But I wondered if this would be a weird gift?  I think a box of diapers is boring...

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
- Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011

Re: Diaper cakes - if you know about 'em come in

• Options
    I dont think it is weird at all - in fact, I think it is thoughtful. I would check with the hostess to make sure she is not doing one, but overall, I think it is fine. =)
  • Options

Ehhhh. The hostess has a diaper cake planned.

I think I will just get a BRU gift card and tuck it inside the ?diaper? of a new baby for the baby.  

Or get bottles and bibs and call it a day.

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"