Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Does everyone have a method they use???

I feel like I'm the only mom who doesn't follow a method lol. Anyone else?

Re: Does everyone have a method they use???

• Options

Here's my method:

-If she's hungry, I feed her.

-If she's tired, I let her nap.

-If she's not tired, I let her play or we hold her.

She's been sleeping through the night for over two months. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No method here- I just follow his cues.  He's pretty easy though. If I had a more needy child I might very well be more interested in learning various methods.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

Same.  I'm not at all interested in baby scheduling.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

Same here...sleeping through the night for months now. My MIL (a midwife) thinks I cluster feed because he eats every 2 hoursduring the day and sleeps through the night but I only feed him when he's hungry so if I cluster feed it's by accident lol.
  • Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

This, except she has been STTN for a few months now

• Options

Nope, I don't use a method.. He's been STTN since 6 weeks... I follow his cues... Hence the reason why I have no idea what any of the methods entail..... I haven't read a book.. nothing...

I pray he continues STTN & would consider a method if it changed!

• Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

I think this is a method - it's called common sense!  If more mommies would trust in this, there would be a lot less stress. JMO of course.

• Options

imagedoremi29:
    No method here- I just follow his cues.  He's pretty easy though. If I had a more needy child I might very well be more interested in learning various methods.

This!

Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
  • Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

This! However, I think some moms DO need  methods. I have a friend who's son is 3 days older than my DD and he was a HORRIBLE sleeper. DD has been a good sleeper through the night for awhile now....and if she gets up, its once in the night, so I can live with that and that is very rare.

• Options
    We let her do what she wants.  Lately though we are doing a nighttime routine with a specific bedtime, otherwise she's a terrible sleeper.
  • Options

Exactly.

I tried watching her sleep cues, and it got me nowhere. Cause not all babies show the same cues and at the same time. So I started watching the clock. That's when her sleep improved.

She slept great at night. Then she didn't. I think it's important to teach healthy sleep habits. I tried to let it happen naturally. And, as a lot of babies do, she woke up constantly.

So I chose a sleep training method (Ferber). And she sleeps 12 hours every night.

Methods are not bad.

• Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

This. Except DS does not sttn and he has not been an easy baby. I have read some books because I am considering sleep training if he doesn't work it out himself in the next month or so. I don't really understand how it's possible to have a schedule or even much if a routine at this point, though.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageWildcatPrincess:
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

Same.  I'm not at all interested in baby scheduling.

Same, only he doesn't sleep through the night all the time.

• Options
    imageMelonieK:
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

I think this is a method - it's called common sense!  If more mommies would trust in this, there would be a lot less stress. JMO of course.

My stress disappeared when I got rid of Baby Whisperer. I mean, we somewhat follow sleep eat play, but if we've been out for awhile and it's hot out, she's getting more milk, then a diaper change and a good long nap. And then I'll feed her again when she gets up in case she's still hungry from the outing. I only care that she eats enough and has enough opportunity for naps throughout the day.

I sort of wish I had never read the damn thing.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

This is pretty much us except for the STTN part.  He wakes once but I can live with that :) 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I've always just gone off of DS's cues.  He set his own schedule and sleeps an 11 hour stretch without waking.  Everyone is happy!
  • Options
    I pretty much just follow her directions!  Shoot, I don't even really know how much she eats or sleeps, although I do know that she generally goes to bed at 8:30 every night which means she does have a bottle then and then she tends to get up at about 5:30 and has another, beyond that everything is a crap shoot!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    No method here. I follow his cues and go with the flow. DS does not sleep through the night but I didn't expect him to at 3 months and I don't care if he does. Since I have gone back to work we tend to clusterfeed at night but I think he just prefers nursing over bottles.
  • Options

No method here.  She is a very easy baby though, if I had one that was more needy it might be different.

She's been STTN since 6 weeks and I just follow her cues.  I will say that if I use any "method" it's consistency.  I try to keep her days consistent so she knows what to expect (feedings, bedtime routine, etc) 

• Options
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

This!  She's not quite STTN yet, but only wakes up once between 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. usually.  She's still not quite 4 months old (lurking here), so I know we still have some time.  I was actually just going to post this question on 3-6.  Being on TB makes me think that I should be following some sort of method or routine, but the way we do things is working fine for us for now. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageJaclyn278:
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

This! However, I think some moms DO need  methods. I have a friend who's son is 3 days older than my DD and he was a HORRIBLE sleeper. DD has been a good sleeper through the night for awhile now....and if she gets up, its once in the night, so I can live with that and that is very rare.

Thank you for saying this.   Each mom does what works for her baby. It's really easy to say "Just use common sense and watch for cues"...  Well, sometimes it's more complicated than that.

My DD does not give cues about being tired. I mean it. She does not yawn. She does not rub her eyes.  She acts happy as a clam. And then in a split second she  melts down. 

As for hunger cues, that worked great in the beginning, but DD always has her hands in her mouth and is trying to chew on things.  I think she's teething. Because of that, it's just easier if I feed her when she wakes from her naps, or every 2-3 hours.

If I didn't have a routine (not a schedule, a flexible routine)  I would be trying to guess why she melted down.  I can look at the clock and know she's tired. 

Some moms need it, some moms don't. I need a routine, and I have plenty of common sense, TYVM.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageKRISTA555:
    imageJaclyn278:
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

Thank you for saying this.   Each mom does what works for her baby. It's really easy to say "Just use common sense and watch for cues"...  Well, sometimes it's more complicated than that.

My DD does not give cues about being tired. I mean it. She does not yawn. She does not rub her eyes.  She acts happy as a clam. And then in a split second she  melts down. 

As for hunger cues, that worked great in the beginning, but DD always has her hands in her mouth and is trying to chew on things.  I think she's teething. Because of that, it's just easier if I feed her when she wakes from her naps, or every 2-3 hours.

If I didn't have a routine (not a schedule, a flexible routine)  I would be trying to guess why she melted down.  I can look at the clock and know she's tired. 

Some moms need it, some moms don't. I need a routine, and I have plenty of common sense, TYVM.

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

imageKRISTA555:
    imageJaclyn278:
    imagemelissainabq:

Here's my method:

THIS

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"