Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you are a SAHM and bringing in a little extra cash...

What are you doing? How is it working out? 

I am dying to stay at home with LO and our finances are so close to being able to do it but just not quite there.

Re: If you are a SAHM and bringing in a little extra cash...

• I watch a friend's baby 1 day a week (she works part time). She's pays me $50. So I make about $200/month. It's not much but it helps. I also sell Uppercase Living. I don't do parties, I just take orders. The amount I bring in each month varies.

• Um, I'm on unemployment, but we are thinking of starting a business, and I babysit occasionally. Whatever I can do. There is also an auction house here, and I have sold some things there that I had, or bought at garage sales. I make more than I paid, usually.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I work 3 days a week doing retail. So not quite a total SAHM but I get to be with LO at least 4 days a week so I'll take it! I work at bloomingdale's, so not a ton of money but it helps us for groceries, gas etc.
  • I have a full time daycare.  I just opened last Monday, and I have only one child, so I bring in an extra $600 per month.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm thinking of converting a room in my house into my massage office and then I'd just want to do one massage a day.  I also sell scentsy.
  • I work in real estate ... so, a couple days during the week, I help other realtors with customer follow up, marketing, etc. Also, we have a friend that runs a promotional company, and I occasionally do admin projects for them.

It's great so far! It would be really great if the real estate market would pick back up!

• I teach group fitness at a local recreation center.  I also tutor.  I took care of a friend's child for a while, but it just wasn't my thing.  I don't mind babysitting, I just don't like having to watch someone's child on a regular schedule.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • I have a friend who sells Lia Sophia jewelry.  Good luck!
  • I WAH full time, as a medical school recruiter.  But I'm also thinking of teaching an on-line night class.

You could consider taking 1-2 college classes on line; not only will you work toward a degree, but you may qualify for finacial aid to cover living expenses while in the program.

• I work two days a week from home and two days a month in an office planning an annual event. I also custom raise hogs, and bring in $1450 a month between the two. But I don't think either of those is what you are looking for.
  • I am a part time medical transcriptionist.  I only work like 10 hours a week, but its enough to help a little. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Of all the SAHM's that I know, the most common money makers are cutting hair, watching a child (be careful, some states have really crazy restrictions on this) or direct sales.

I just became a SAHM and I also have my own bakery out of the home.. but on top of that I sell Pampered Chef and Thirty One Gifts.. I dont do in home shows for PC and im not sure if I will for 31.. but catalog shows bring in a few extra bucks.... when I did in home shows I was bringing in a few hundred a month and only was out 1-2 nights a week or less. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am a newborn photography on L&D on the weekends and that brings in about $120 a month, sometimes more.  I also make and sell headbands on Etsy but that is never consistent.  Some months I make nothing, others I make over $100.  I mainly use the extra money to get the girls necessities or groceries, so it definitely helps.
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"