Indiana Babies
Options

Now this is a name I have never heard (or seen) before

Trygve.  Pronounced trig-vee

One of my sorority sisters named her little boy this name, it's Norwegian. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Now this is a name I have never heard (or seen) before

• Options

I'm all for those types of foreign-derived names if there is a reason, like family lineage.  Otherwise, not so much.  NMS  I keep thinking he's going to spend most of his life telling people how to pronounce it. 

Plus, I'm wary of any name that might hinder my kid getting a job if some blockhead hiring manager sees it at the top of a resume someday. 

• Options
    That's definitely going to get butchered!  My name is actually Norwegian too--my grandma on my mom's side on back is all Norwegian.  My mom's penpal from Norway was named Kari (CAR-ee), so that's where they got my name but pronounced in CARE-ee).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamstep:

I'm all for those types of foreign-derived names if there is a reason, like family lineage.  Otherwise, not so much.  NMS  I keep thinking he's going to spend most of his life telling people how to pronounce it. 

Plus, I'm wary of any name that might hinder my kid getting a job if some blockhead hiring manager sees it at the top of a resume someday. 

Pretty much all of this. 

• Options
    imagegizmo909:
    imageamstep:

Pretty much all of this. 

Agreed!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard that name before!  It was in Danielle Steel's book Accident.  I'm pretty sure the guy was actually Norwegian too, but had married an American.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"