North Carolina Babies

Clothing? In between seasons...

I am sort of in a clothing bind, we have a few summer dresses (sleeveless) that still fit, 2 pairs of leggings that can go under them that are barely fitting and two shorts outfits that are ok, (one is questionable). I then seem to have just thought it would start snowing or something because I got all winter 24m stuff, pants, hoodies, long sleeves, etc. I really have nothing to put her in when it is 68 degrees out. I don't even have t-shirts that fit. I got a $10 gift card in the mail to Kohls, I was thinking of using that and another $10 to get some t-shirts and leggings to get us though, unless anyone has any other suggestions??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clothing? In between seasons...

• Yeah, I had to break down and buy Liam a few tshirts and shorts in the next size up, since there will be warm days for a few more months and he has pretty much outgrown his summer clothes.  I found some clearance stuff and Kohls (although mostly gone now), but Target still has tons of tshirts out.  My next problem is that he's outgrown his 2T pants but the 3T pants I just bought are sooooo long, I don't know what to do with them, yikes!  They are enormous.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't really know who I am when I say this, but I love leggings! They're definitely making the summer wardrobe last a little longer... we have a few dresses that have either shrunk or are nearly outgrown that can still work w/ leggings, and also tank tops and pants gives a little more warmth. Though, a lot of days she could totally wear summer stuff, I just don't have a ton left that fits her. I bet you could get tshirts on clearance racks at Old Navy or Target, since they're summery....

Love these

Not sure if this was at all helpful :) It's a tough time of year! 

• Loading the player...
  • I sent R to DC with a little jean jacket on top of her sleeveless shirt/shorts set.  I bought her some long sleeve shirts/onesies (yes, I still use onesies and love them) to wear under sleeveless summer shirts/dresses that still fit.  Those outfits have fabric that could go for either season though.  I'd just go with layering as much as you can. 
  • I know, if I could grab some t-shirts at Target and Kohls and some leggings and maybe a short sleeve dress or two, I think I would be good. A lot of her winter stuff has legging type pants so I could just use a t-shirt with those until it's time for long sleeves! I just remembered that one outfit is 3/4 length sleeve and one is a skirt, so I can for sure make do I think.
  • I thought hard about this while buying her winter clothes.  I bought probably 5 short sleeve tshirts and 8 long sleeve tshirts from Kohls.  She also has capris in this next size.  I am guessing Jocelyn and Allie are about the same size... just moving up into 24 month clothes?  Kohls is great.  And has lots of stuff.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmbrown:
    I thought hard about this while buying her winter clothes.  I bought probably 5 short sleeve tshirts and 8 long sleeve tshirts from Kohls.  She also has capris in this next size.  I am guessing Jocelyn and Allie are about the same size... just moving up into 24 month clothes?  Kohls is great.  And has lots of stuff.

Yes, all though I probably could have moved up sooner! I just spent a TON on winter stuff throughout the summer and I hate to buy more clothes, but I think if I can use the $10 gift card and only spend an additional $10 it won't be the end of the world!

• imagecrescentmoon99:
    Yeah, I had to break down and buy Liam a few tshirts and shorts in the next size up, since there will be warm days for a few more months and he has pretty much outgrown his summer clothes.  I found some clearance stuff and Kohls (although mostly gone now), but Target still has tons of tshirts out.  My next problem is that he's outgrown his 2T pants but the 3T pants I just bought are sooooo long, I don't know what to do with them, yikes!  They are enormous.

We have this problem too!  I don't get it!  Why are the 3Ts like 6" longer than the 2Ts?  There's no way Nate can wear his 2Ts anymore... they're WAY too short.  But the 3Ts are so long... I'm guessing we'll be rolling up pants a lot this winter.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"