Preemies

New to board and a gas question

Hi, I am introducing myself. I had my son, Oliver, at 33 weeks 5 days, on September 10th. He is now home and is beautiful, but he has some bad gas issues. I have looked up remedies for it, but was wondering if any of you have any experience with this and could give me advice. TIA!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: New to board and a gas question

• I know lots of people have luck with the gas drops. Sorry I'm not much help we haven't made it that far yet, still trying to get out of the NICU! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mylicon has worked well for us...doctor said helps about 20% of the issue. It has helped enough that she isn't screaming all night. The other thing we have done is made it so at night she is inclined (they sell things at the baby stores that position the baby) she's been passing gas on the sleep positioner a lot better then before.
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing that helped us was bicycling his legs.  Do it for about 5-10 minutes periodically!  He would let out lots of gas and it helps move things!
  • We used the gas drops a lot during those first few weeks. I also would hold her upright for 30 minutes after she ate. Are you BF or FF? We also used Dr. Brown's bottles that helped with the gas issue.

• Ditto the Mylecon, holding uopright, bicycle legs, and Dr. Brown's bottles.  I would add in a product that worked really really well for us ... Happi Tummi.  It is a super soft wrap that you heat for a few seconds in the microwave and place around their belly with velcro.  It worked wonders for DD and also helped her sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"