Pre-School and Daycare

What time does your 3 yo LO wake for the day?

Do they nap still?  How long?  DD wakes at 6 or 6:30 am, a nap is hit or miss for 1 or 1.5 hours and then heads to bed at 7 and is asleep by a bit after 8.  I'm wondering if she's getting enough rest since she's in daycare all day.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What time does your 3 yo LO wake for the day?

• No naps. Wakes up around 6 and is asleep around 8.

I think some kids are just wired to get less sleep, unfortunately.

• She naps but it is anywhere from just 1 hr to 2.5.  She is gearing towards the 1 hr mark though.  She wakes up anywhere from 6:45-7.  She is usually in bed by 7:30 and asleep around 8-8:30.  As long as she doesn't seem tired, I wouldn't worry about it.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • DS wakes between 6:30-7. Naps are anywhere between 1.5-3 hours (longer on days that he has preschool). Bedtime is 7:30.
  • Wake up 7/7:30

Naps at daycare 3-4 days a week for about 90 minutes.  Doesn't nap at home - we do movie time instead for "rest".

Bedtime is 8/8:30

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • My girls are 2 1/2 and 3 and also go to preschool/PreK all day.  During the week they wake up at 6:15.  My 2 1/2 year old naps for 1-3 hours and goes to sleep at 7pm.  My 4 year old naps about 50% of the time and when she does nap, it is for no more than an hour.  She is in her room, with lights out between 7 and 7:30 and asleep between 7:30 and 8.  On the weekends, my 2 1/2 year old wakes up between 7 and 8 and my 4 year old between 6:30 and 7.  Naps are about the same and bed time is between 7 and 8.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • He usually wakes between 6-6:30. Still takes about a 2 hour nap, give or take 30 minutes. Lights out at 7:30.
  • I wish my kids would sleep more.

I wake DS up at 6:30 am.  He naps 1.5 hrs at school and goes to bed at 9:00pm. He is usually asleep between 9:30 and 10pm.  We stopped trying an 8pm bedtime because we were literally wasting our time and energy. He was not tired and we would all get frustrated. During weekends he wakes up at 7:30, and if he does not take a nap he goes to bed at around 8:30pm.

• wakes up at 630 on weekdays, usually around 7 on weekends.  Naps from 1-2 hrs a day.  Usually about 1.5
  • Griffin doesnt' always nap now.... started a few weeks ago - sometimes he just plays in bed- sometimes he naps... but i always make him stay in his bed for the 2 hours - which he does no problem (awake or asleep).

Before this new trend- he would nap 2-3 hours easily every day at home, and 2 hours at daycare.

he goes to bed around 8pm... wakes between 6:30 and 7:30 on average.

• DS wakes up around 6:30, and goes to sleep around 7:30.  He doesn't nap anymore.
  • No nap. In bed by 8pm, up around 7:30am-give or take 30 minutes.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD wakes up between 7:00 and 8, and we put her to bed around 8 most nights.  DD hasn't napped consistently since she was 12 months old (but she did sleep longer at night than most children her age).  I agree with PP - some kids need less sleep than others.  It has been my experience, children will tell you if they are getting enough sleep.  IMO unless you are running into huge tantrums at night, or she is asking for bed, she is probably getting enough sleep. 
  • Wake up is 6:00am

No naps

Bed time is 7:00pm

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • She wakes up around 7:30am (sometimes earlier, sometimes later), naps from around 1:30-3pm, and goes to bed at 8:30pm.
    Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Madelyn is up for the day around 6:30. She normally only naps a couple of days a week. She goes to bed at 7:30 but lately doesn't fall asleep until close to 10. it's a huge issue we're having! The later she goes to bed, the earlier she gets up. It sucks.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No naps for DS1.  He is up b/w 5:30-7am....a huge range, I know!  He is in bed everynight by 7-7:30, only takes a few minutes for him to fall asleep.  But he's an "older" 3.  when he was a "younger" 3, he was waking at 7-8ish, taking a 2-3 hour nap and in bed by 7:30. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"