Detroit Babies

Providence Park Review

I know everyone is always looking for hospital reviews...so I thought I would write a quick one up.

I have nothing but great things to say about Providence Park. I delivered my first baby at Royal Oak Beaumont. I had a fine experience...I know a lot of people have issues with Beaumont but I was relatively happy with my experience there.

Anyways...my dr changed hospital affiliations and I followed him to Prov Park. From the moment we walked in we had an amazing experience. The nurse that was assigned to us met us in the hallway and walked us to our room. She was fabulous and I cannot say enough good things about her. From getting in my IV (I have horrible veins - at beaumont they had to have a senior dr come in and place my IV after pricking me 5 times - my nurse at prov park got in down the first time) to the actual labor she was more then I could have ever asked for. So nice...so accommodating...so caring. Loved her. 

My epi was PERFECT. When I was finally at 4 cm's I requested one and I felt like as soon as I said "Give me the epi" the anesthesiologists walked in the door (had to wait an hour at beaumont). They were great. I felt nothing when they were putting it in and it was a PERFECT epidural. I could still feel my legs and move them around but felt no pain. PLUS the dr was hot. lol.

As far as after care ... I felt like they pretty much left you alone which was awesome. There was not someone coming in your room every 2 seconds....but if you needed a nurse they were at your service in seconds. The hospital was SO QUIET. It was unreal. I loved it. 

I guess my only "complaint" was that the food was gross...BUT...it was nice how the food was basically room service. You requested it when you wanted it not when they wanted to deliver it to you.

ummm...I think thats about it! If anyone has any questions let me know :) happy to answer any!!

Re: Providence Park Review

• Congrats on your new addition!  I just LOVE her name and she is adorable!  And I loved Providence Park as well.  So nice to know that you had a great experience!  I am jealous however about your epi...I wish my body responded to it like yours did!  Mine failed as soon as I got the pitocin in me when I stopped progressing :(
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Congrats on the new family member! Another beautiful baby! Again love the guitar pics.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your review! I'm delivering out of the Park and have heard nothing but good things about them. How were they with vistors/visting hours?
  • imagekaykay211:
    Thank you for your review! I'm delivering out of the Park and have heard nothing but good things about them. How were they with vistors/visting hours?
    There are no limits on visitors....you could have a million people in your room during delivery and they would not say anything (but WHY would you want this?!?!).

I honestly don't even know if there are visiting hours. One of my friends showed up at 8:30 and had no problems getting in.

• Those pictures are so adorable!
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Thank so you much for the review... I will be delivering there in April!  I do know about visiting hours... there are none... you can have guests at any time.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • imageHeatherPB1020:
    Thank so you much for the review... I will be delivering there in April!  I do know about visiting hours... there are none... you can have guests at any time.
    If you can request a nurse "Bunny" was AWESOME. Seriously. Best nurse ever. Oh...and if the hottie anesthesiologist does your epi (if u get one) tell him I say hi :) ha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"