Indiana Babies
Options

Flu shots

Do you of anywhere I can get flu shots for a 19 month old?  I want to do them in the next 2 weeks before baby gets here.  It will be so much harder aferwards!  I'm going to go to the minute clinic for mine, but they won't do toddlers (I think).  Maybe Jake could pass for 2 years old...

Re: Flu shots

• Options
    I just got off the phone with our pedi and they're doing them now.  Can you call your pedi and seei f you can get him in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nick got his this weekend at his pediatrician's office. 

I cannot believe that you are going to have a new little baby in TWO weeks!  Holy cow, are you ready??  Is Jake still going to go to school while you are off??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIndyWife06:

Nick got his this weekend at his pediatrician's office. 

I cannot believe that you are going to have a new little baby in TWO weeks!  Holy cow, are you ready??  Is Jake still going to go to school while you are off??

Ha ha, who is ever ready -Esp when you know what those first few weeks are going to be like!    I'm excited to meet her and decide on a name though :-)   Jake is going to school.  I probably don't have to worry about keeping his spot so much, but I think it will make my life a lot easier...oh the guilt!

I just called my ped, I can't believe they have the shots already!  Well, at least I can cross that off my list!  Thanks!

• Options
    To help ease your guilt...I actually think that especially during those first few weeks, it will be good for Jake to have the same routine.  The baby will obviously require the majority of your attention so it will be good for Jake to still go to school and do his thing.  If he were home with you guys, he might get more jealous and there wouldn't be much you could do about it.  Maybe by the end of your leave, you'll be able to keep him home a few times and do something fun!!
  • Options
    Our pedi starts their flu shot clinics next Thursday, October 7 from 6-8pm and then other various dates between October and November.  It's at Meridian Pediatrics. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and will Minute Clinic give you a flu shot if you're pregnant?  Our pedi's office will do shots for the whole family, but they will not give me one.  I have to see my OB for mine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageIndyWife06:
    To help ease your guilt...I actually think that especially during those first few weeks, it will be good for Jake to have the same routine.  The baby will obviously require the majority of your attention so it will be good for Jake to still go to school and do his thing.  If he were home with you guys, he might get more jealous and there wouldn't be much you could do about it.  Maybe by the end of your leave, you'll be able to keep him home a few times and do something fun!!

I think so too!  I feel guilty that I don't feel more guilty more than anything else.  There are so many amazing women that can do it, but I don't think I am one of them!  I am looking forward to having some bonding time too and feel lucky I will have the chance.

• Options

imageIU_baby:
    Oh, and will Minute Clinic give you a flu shot if you're pregnant?  Our pedi's office will do shots for the whole family, but they will not give me one.  I have to see my OB for mine.

I'm going to find out.  It seems so much easier just to stop by a minute clinic than try to make an appt and miss work and drag Jake out of daycare early.  Pedi's office hours for the flu are 1-4pm.  That gives me all of like 20 minutes between when he wakes up from his nap, plus all the school kids are taking up the later slots. 

• Options
    Andrew got his at his pedi's office.  Our Marsh where I got them won't do them until they are older, I forget what age, but I think 3 or something like that.
  • Options
    Minute clinic wouldn't see me when I was pregnant for bronchitis.  I don't know about flu shots--actually this year the pharmacists are giving them.  Andrea, I can ask Laurie if there are restrictions.
  • Options
    Laurie said that the pharmacists can't give the flu shots to pregnant women, but the minute clinic can.  The minute clinic can do kids 4 & up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"