Health & Exercise
Options

trying to lose weight....

I'm about 60lbs over weight.....I gained a lot of weight with my ds....I really want to change the way I eat and I need to start an exercise routine...but I have to wait because I just had a D&C last friday....I started my diet and I'm starving....I had a bowl of cereal this morning and a cup of coffee...now i'm drinking water....I usually eat a bagel and it keeps me full till lunch...but I'm trying to give up the carbs...help...:(

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: trying to lose weight....

• Options

I would recommend "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. 

Although it takes a little while to get used to eating healthy you can eat so much more and don't have to deprive yourself.  Healthy foods have fewer calories so you can eat way more and still lose weight.  Try 6 scrammbled egg whites, 1 bowl oatmeal made with water or skim milk and a cup of strawberries with tea or coffee.  You get 6 meals like this every 2-3 hours.  It's awesome and you never feel hungry! 

Don't give up carbs just change them.  I eat complex carbohydrates and lean protein with EVERY meal.  (This keeps you feeling full.)  My carbs include: veggies (asparagus, cucumber, celery, etc), oatmeal (plain not sugary packets), 100% whole wheat breads, cereals and pastas, and sweet potatoes.  The combo of complex carbs and lean protein is the key.

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Hi!

I have about 50lbs to lose!! I was overweight before I got prego and I have lost all baby weight but I feel motivated since I have already lost that, that I want to keep going. I am doing Weight Watchers and its really great because you dont have to limit the types of foods you eat you just have to account for them in your points system. I have done it before and it really works for me, its great too when you have a family because you can eat the same meal as your family you just have to portion according to points value. If you want to talk about it or have questions, feel free to ask.

Good Luck with your weight loss and always remember that we didnt put the weight on quickly so it won't come off quickly!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with Nikki. The clean eating diet is a great diet or lifestyle to follow. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

First, sorry about your D&C. Sad

About the diet, my parents just started this diet that is all fruits, vegetables, and some grains. No meat, no dairy. They still got their protein from things like beans and peanut butter, and were drinking soy or almond milk.

In 3 weeks my dad had lost 15 lbs. Because it's mostly fruits and veggies they can eat them pretty much all day, and they say they feel so full of energy and healthier than they have felt in years! On another note though, I'm not sure if that diet would be ok if you were going to try getting pregnant again right away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebeachbum28:
    I need to start an exercise routine...but I have to wait because I just had a D&C last friday....

I don't know how long you'll have to wait for exercise, but the more activity you incorporate into your routine, the better! If you can find things you enjoy, it won't feel like work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely second not giving up carbs!! Get the good stuff and it'll give you energy to stay active without thinking about eating. Also, protein is magic. I'm on a healthy PD diet, too, and eating just a handful of nuts or some eggs will keep me full for a LONG time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"