Military Families
Options

tricare prime & moving

We'll be moving from GA to Texas in about two weeks and this is our first PCS so I'm not exactly what I need to do to get everything set up in Texas.

Re: tricare prime & moving

• Options
    We just moved from NY to AZ and when I got out here I just walked into the Tricare office at the MTF on post and they got me all signed up for this region.  It was super easy! (which surprised me since nothing is every easy with Tricare)
  • Options
    When we moved from VA to CA all I had to do was fill out a form and fax it into them and they updated our records.
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSaraK1:
    We just moved from NY to AZ and when I got out here I just walked into the Tricare office at the MTF on post and they got me all signed up for this region.  It was super easy! (which surprised me since nothing is every easy with Tricare)

Oh thats great to hear! I was expecting some long drawn out process.. lol.

• Options
    imageb_cole6:

We'll be moving from GA to Texas in about two weeks and this is our first PCS so I'm not exactly what I need to do to get everything set up in Texas.

What base in Texas are you moving to?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecandiland2003:
    imageb_cole6:

Fort Hood.

• Options
    imageb_cole6:
    imagecandiland2003:
    imageb_cole6:

Fort Hood.

We just moved to Hood a little over a month ago. Here is what I had to do; the Tricare office is right next to the hospital (Darnell) you go in fill out some paperwork and then you are all set to go. It was super easy and they were really helpful.

With being pregnant, I went into the Women's clinic (1st floor or Darnell, right next to the main entrance) to get an appointment/doctor for the remainder of my pregnancy and had no luck. They are "at capacity" with patients that are due from September 2010 to February 2011. If they are full for when you are due then they will refer you to a civilian doctor off post. PM me if you want more info on hospital stuff or the area in general. I would be more than happy to help. :) Oh and don't forget to get your records from your current OB you will need them when you transfer doctors weather you go on or off post.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so glad you asked this, I was wondering the same thing for when we change regions next year...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecandiland2003:
    imageb_cole6:
    imagecandiland2003:
    imageb_cole6:

okay thank you i sent you a private message!

Fort Hood.

We just moved to Hood a little over a month ago. Here is what I had to do; the Tricare office is right next to the hospital (Darnell) you go in fill out some paperwork and then you are all set to go. It was super easy and they were really helpful.

With being pregnant, I went into the Women's clinic (1st floor or Darnell, right next to the main entrance) to get an appointment/doctor for the remainder of my pregnancy and had no luck. They are "at capacity" with patients that are due from September 2010 to February 2011. If they are full for when you are due then they will refer you to a civilian doctor off post. PM me if you want more info on hospital stuff or the area in general. I would be more than happy to help. :) Oh and don't forget to get your records from your current OB you will need them when you transfer doctors weather you go on or off post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"