LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Hi! My weekend was good, really low key. Friday night was just staying in and watching a movie we rented on Netflix. Kim and I did some yardwork and went out to dinner Saturday night. Sunday we went hiking with Kim's brother and his wife. They just got the cutest puppy, a Bernise Mountain Dog.

• Best news of the weekend Kylie STTN twice (Sat and Sun night)!!!!!! 

Fri: Dinner when DW got home, baby to bed, and then us to bed!

Sat: After work I went to the grocery and made dinner.  DW had a birthday party to go to so after dinner she got ready and I put baby to bed.  After she left I folded some laundry and cleaned up the house some.

Sun: I got up with Kylie at 8 and after she was settled for a nap around 10 I made breakfast and woke DW.  We threw out ideas of things to do: Renaissance Festival, Oktoberfest, zoo...finally settled on a nap! Well I napped anyways.  By the time I got up every idea but Oktoberfest was a bust so we decided to go try and find pants for LO.  She has a ton of fall clothes (including pants) in 3-6 month size BUT my LO is LITTLE (barely 9 lbs now...) so she needed some 0-3 month pants and things.  After we got home, we played with Kylie a bit and then it was her bedtime.  We then lounged around watching all of the season premiers including the Amazing Race!!! Of course one of the two teams I picked already got kicked off...I swear I jinx people!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Friday - I took the kids to "International Night" at their school while L volunteered at the multiples sale.

Saturday - I took the kids to Gray's soccer game while L did school stuff. Post nap we had a late lunch/early dinner, went to the playground, and had a movie night. Watched Greys and Private Practice (can I tell you how happy I am that fall tv is back!!!??!?!)

Sunday - We went to church and then had to drive to get something from L's office to take with her on her business trip this morning. Had brunch and broke out the DVD player in the van for the first time. Thanks to a viewing of Toy Story 2, the kids didn't fall asleep in the car and actually took a nap in their bed. Whoo hoo! Made a Target run post nap. L packed for her trip and I stayed up too late watching Brothers and Sisters.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We had a nice mellow weekend - just what we needed.

Friday we visited my nana for her birthday.  Rosebud got her first taste of ice cream (what is it with nanas pushing the sweets?) and of course she was in love.

Saturday we lounged around in the morning and did some cleaning.  Then we had Sprout's first swim lesson.  I only thought it was 'eh (hardly any instruction from the teacher), but he reports it was "really really so much fun!" so that's a sucess. DW and the kids had a good long nap while I went to the dentist and we spent the evening at my parents' house - playing, dinner, bonfire, good times :)

Sunday we visited Two (who looks fantastic) and JB (such a cutie!!) and went to a fall festival at a really nice park. Sprout got to play on a playscape, bounce house, and ride a pony and I got to relax and catch up with Two.  Miss Rosebud decided to sleep just about the entire time! Lovely day :)

• Friday- I went out after school with the lgbt group from our school district.  About 25-30 of us met at a local bar had drinks and hung out.  We also had a quick meeting about our plans for the year and issues we would like to talk about with the new superintendent.  It is a fun group (as you can imagine).

Later I went out to meet with the woman I do consulting work for.  She was in town for a meeting (she lives in AZ) so we met and made a plan and talked about some ideas for futere work ect.  She told me that she ordered me an ipad to do work on!!!  I am very excited about this.  Our next grant will include a class set of ipads for me to use!  How awesome is that!

When dw picked E up from daycare she had a fever (101+) and so she dosed her with advil.  She was her happy self with no other syptoms.

Sat we hung out at home E napped and S and I did work around the house.  E had a fever all day which spiked when her medicine wore off.

Sunday E seemed better so we went out for breakfast.  Her fever came back so we went home and laid low.

I am home today with a cranky sick baby.  Her fever is 102 and she is down for nap #2 of the day.  We are off to the doctor in a little bit.  Poor pumpkin!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we had an up and down weekend. we had an issue on Thursday and we spent some time on Friday and over the weekend trying to deal with that and figure out what our plan is now.

Friday evening my sister came over to watch the boy while we went to a hockey game. she ended up staying over and helping us get a bunch of stuff done around the house on Saturday which was awesome.

My wife worked overtime on Saturday night, so I got the boy up and took him to church on Sunday while she slept. when we got home she was still sleeping and he had fallen asleep, too, so I got a few things done on the computer and around the house. when she woke up we got a couple of things finished up that were left from Saturday, then spent the evening playing and relaxing with the boy.

• Saturday C finished painting our bathroom, and while Henry took his morning nap I worked on the basement - we only have 4 boxes left(!!), which are filled with old textbooks and random crap we could probably throw out, lol.  We did a quick Ikea & Home Depot run (why, oh why did we go on the weekend???), C made chili for dinner and we had a quiet night at home.

Sunday most of my time was devoted to making a dairy-free chocolate cake for my mom (including having to run to the store in the middle because I ran out of cocoa!!), and that afternoon we went to my parents' for dinner, stopping on the way at my grandma's for a quick visit.  We had a yummy dinner with my family, and Henry got to try out his new toy from Nona and Grandpa...an exersaucer! 

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This was the best weekend I've had in a while.

Friday -  I didn't make it to happy hour (although I did make myself a nice lemon drop martini) but got a few things done around the house before struggling to get JB to sleep.

Saturday - JB's second tooth definitely popped out over night which explained all the fussing.  The mother's helper I've been hiring came over around 10:30am.  I managed to clean (I mean really clean!) the house, do all the laundry, clean the yard, and pay bills prior to 1:30 when M, my helper left.  M is really natural with JB and it's such a nice break to let JB play with someone else while I'm productive.  After M left we went grocery shopping.  And the best part of the day ???  JB slept from about 7:30pm to 4am.  Then slept from about 4:30am-6am with no issues. :-)

Sunday - CT and her lovely family drove out for a visit.  Sprout is so full of energy and life.  He took time to make JB giggle and smile, Rosebud is lucky to have such a caring big brother.  And Rosebud - well she is just precious!  As CT said, she slept most of the time, but when she was awake her smile was contagious!

• Our weekend was great!  Friday night we ended up at the rodeo, it was a blast.  Saturday we lounged around until noon and then went to visit the IL's.  Sunday DW worked and when DD got home from her camping trip and DW got home from work we surprised DD by taking her to the rodeo.  DD had so much fun at the rodeo and even got on the mechanical bull afterwards. :o)

• It was insanely hot so we couldn't go out to play much. We let the girls play at the mall play space to burn off some energy and tried to keep cool. LMC was possessed by the devil so she lost out on ballet lessons. We did the usual errands and kept a close eye on PBS who wasn't feeling too hot. I took some time to blog and started planning Halloween treats for LMC's class.

• Friday: We made pizza and put some finishing touches on the nursery. The 6ft giraffe decal that we ordered finally arrived, so we spent most of the evening getting that up on the wall. It was a bigger project than I anticipated, but it looks fabulous!

Saturday: We made yummy cinnamon buns for breakfast and then headed to Home Depot for all sorts of overpriced things to make our front and back yards look presentable again. After arriving home, DW spent the rest of the day doing yard work, while I cleaned and organized the inside of the house. That evening we made dinner at home and vegged in front of the tv until heading to bed.

Sunday: We had groceries delivered bright and early Sunday morning, which is SUCH a treat! Later, DW painted our laundry room while I shopped for gifts to give our friends who are hosting a baby shower for us next weekend. When I got home, we watched the football game (sad!) and ate dinner. DW has been working overtime these days at both work and home, so I made a special dinner for her-- beef braised in red wine with roasted potatoes and carrots. It was my first time braising anything and we both thought it turned out well. We ended the night with the much anticipated season premier of Dexter while eating a yummy apple crisp and vanilla ice cream. It was a great ending to a super relaxing and productive weekend!

• imagethefamilyway904:

Friday: We made pizza and put some finishing touches on the nursery. The 6ft giraffe decal that we ordered finally arrived, so we spent most of the evening getting that up on the wall. It was a bigger project than I anticipated, but it looks fabulous!

Saturday: We made yummy cinnamon buns for breakfast and then headed to Home Depot for all sorts of overpriced things to make our front and back yards look presentable again. After arriving home, DW spent the rest of the day doing yard work, while I cleaned and organized the inside of the house. That evening we made dinner at home and vegged in front of the tv until heading to bed.

Sunday: We had groceries delivered bright and early Sunday morning, which is SUCH a treat! Later, DW painted our laundry room while I shopped for gifts to give our friends who are hosting a baby shower for us next weekend. When I got home, we watched the football game (sad!) and ate dinner. DW has been working overtime these days at both work and home, so I made a special dinner for her-- beef braised in red wine with roasted potatoes and carrots. It was my first time braising anything and we both thought it turned out well. We ended the night with the much anticipated season premier of Dexter while eating a yummy apple crisp and vanilla ice cream. It was a great ending to a super relaxing and productive weekend!

Your weekend sounds delicious!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagenorika33:
    imagethefamilyway904:

Friday: We made pizza and put some finishing touches on the nursery. The 6ft giraffe decal that we ordered finally arrived, so we spent most of the evening getting that up on the wall. It was a bigger project than I anticipated, but it looks fabulous!

Your weekend sounds delicious!

Why thank you! I actually laughed after I initially posted because I realized how 'food heavy' my post ended up. What can I say? I'm really enjoying good food these days Big Smile

• weekend was ok. Saturday our college kids had a game, and that was fun. Sunday I visited a friend in NY and ate too much and saw american idiot (great!).

Fri and Sat & Sun nights we mostly talked about how much our situation continues to suck (living wise) so it was kind of depressing to be honest.

• I came home from work on Friday to discover that we had no front door - our actual apartment door was still there, but the house's front door had been totally ripped out by workmen who were there to replace it. Our landlord is not great at communication. (Came home on Sunday to find a beautiful new door in its place, so it was ultimately fine, but man, a little warning would be nice.) 

We went to Morgantown, WV on Saturday to visit a friend who moved there recently. It was GREAT to see her - she was our closest friend here, we were very sad when she moved.

Had yet another car mishap on the way there - we were on our way out of town when we got rear-ended by a guy who was just not paying attention. We were at a full stop and so was he, and he must have thought he saw our car move b/c he just took off and ran right into us. I was fine, he was fine, the cars were fine, but Jen hit her head really hard on the driver's side window :( We exchanged info and I drove her to the ER to get checked out. They did whatever exam they do for people with head injuries, gave her some Tylenol and an ice pack, and sent us on our way. Poor thing, she has a big goose egg from below her eyebrow up to her hair line.

They gave us the OK to go ahead on our trip, so I took over the driving. Jen is definitely the driver in our family - I'm not a bad driver, but it makes me nervous, and she hates navigating. The drive took about four hours and thanks to our morning in the ER, we didn't get to Morgantown until almost 4:00. We went to Walgreens to get more Tylenol for Jen and then walked around downtown and had a delicious dinner out - I had a buffalo burger w/ spinach, feta and roasted peppers - so good. That night we watched Sharktopus on SyFy, which was the best movie ever made, as you can imagine :) On Sunday we drove out to Rachel, WV, b/c it's the only Rachel in the world, and naturally I wanted to visit it :) Not much to see, to say the least, but we still had a great time just checking things out. Stopped on the way home and got lots of groceries before we returned the rental car. Yay for having food in the house again.

• Friday night: Kim and I both worked. We were planning to cook salmon for dinner, but nixed that for goodies from QT and The Office, S6, on DVD.

Saturday: We slept in, and lazed around the house. Did some light housekeeping and played with the dogs and cats. I spent Saturday afternoon with my mom, who's also my hairdresser (*very convenient*). Mom & I went to dinner at a local Mediterranean joint, then to see our local symphony with the vocal group, Rock-a-pella. It was fun!

In the meantime, Kim was at home, doing extra credit for World Archaeology, and preparing research notes for Forensic Anthropology.

Sunday: We had breakfast with Kim's mum at the best greasy-spoon diner in town. We did some window shopping and some actual shopping in the afternoon. After that, we went to the open-captioned film, "Devil." I'm not gonna lie, for a B-horror flick, it was creepy. My birthday's in October, so I've always enjoyed a good horror film!

Kim baked the salmon Sunday night, with mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls. It was delicious!

On another note, AF is still not here. I'm very frustrated, since this will be our first cycle of TTC... if it will ever %$&@#*% start! Stick out tongue

I plan to call my RE for a progesterone shot if AF's not here by Wed.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I'm so curious about which Medit. place and which diner? :) My official guesses --> N&Js and The Beacon!
  • RIGHT, on both accounts, leapgirl! Although, we *tried to go to MIF Deli, forgetting that they close early on Saturdays.

--amy

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I have never heard of MIF, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in town!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"