Working Moms
Options

Clicky: Do you pump while on the phone?

I was on a support phone call the other day and pumping.  I could not decide whether the other caller knew what the sound was.  Do you pump while on the phone?[Poll]

Re: Clicky: Do you pump while on the phone?

• Options
    I share an office so I had to use our pump room and it doesn't have a phone so I couldn't, but if I had a private office I probably would have.  I don't think it's a big deal and probably easier just to take calls as they come rather than play catch up when you're finished.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Don't do it. The sound is distinctive and it is like anything. Don't take a call when you are eating, etc....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I said "yes, anyone," but really not just ANYONE.  I wouldn't call a client, for instance, without turning off the pump.  But I'll talk to coworkers or make annoying personal calls (like calling customer service at the cable company or whatever).  I don't really care if those people know I'm pumping or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I said anyone, but that only applies to personal calls. I never made work related calls while pumping, it was just too weird. I would call my parents, my husband, any phone "errands", etc. Also, I was not in my office and only had my cell phone, so it wasn't practical for work calls anyway. While pumping, I was either reading or on the phone, otherwise I got bored and felt like I was wasting time.
  • Options
    I've pumped while on personal calls.  I pump in my office while I continue to do work.  I have pumped while on conference calls, but only when I have the line on mute.  When I have to talk, I always turn the pump off.  The sound is distinctive and, even if someone didn't know what it was, I would be very embarrassed if they asked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"