Attachment Parenting

Wrap or Mei Tai??

I am not sure if I want a mei tai first or a wrap??  I am still loving my Moby but would like a mei tai for quick trips right now...I guess I want the best of both worlds.  Is learning to wrap difficult?  I have the Moby wrap down...would the process be the same with woven wraps??  I know...so many questions!!

I live in Maryland, super hot summers and cold winters.  My little guy is 6 months old and weighs about 18 pounds.  I am not sure about colors...I love the multi-colored wraps that I've seen.  I am not picky at all.  I really do not have a lot to spend right now.  I'd like to find a reasonable used wrap and mei tai.  To be honest, I had no idea wraps were so expensive...that is why I'm wondering if I should do the mei tai first and use my moby for as long as I can?? 

What do you all think?? 

Kristen 

Re: Wrap or Mei Tai??

• I'm partial to wraps and since your going to have a cold winter, the extra fabric to wrap around baby would be appreciated.

I stopped using the moby and moved to cotton gauze then wovens and I didn't have any trouble with the switch.   thebabywearer.com has a fsot forum that is great and here is ncbelle's wrap guide (my bible to wraps) https://www.becomingmamas.com/babywearing-2/wraps/

and if you'd like help shopping just page me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd LOVE help :)  Please give me some suggestions!  I have read TBW FSOT and am lost...There are so many brands, sizes, types!! 

Kristen

• Loading the player...
  • I am partial to MT's, lol!  That being said, I wish I was a better wrapper.  I loved my Moby but didn't transition well to my woven.  I think you should try a wrap, maybe a Gypsy Mama to start with (depending on your LO's age).  If you find it too time consuming then try a MT.

BTW, what are of MD are you?  DH and I are looking to move to the Columbia area next summer.

• YGPM!
  • Obviously, you should have both ;-)

You will find a woven significantly more supportive than your moby with an 18 pounder.  Personally, I found a woven easier to wrap with than the moby.  Buying used is the budget friendly way to go for sure.

If you want an in-expensive mei tai, I'd suggest a kozy - they can be found used for fairly cheap on TBW.   Babyhawks are also easy to find but a Kozy is more supportive IMO - since you are already at 18 pounds.

• I'm a goof...I can't find the PM?? I think I'm hopeless :)
  • We live outside of Baltimore.  What will be bringing you to Columbia?  That's about an hour from where I am.  I have honestly only been there a few times. There is a great outdoor concert venue there.  I do know it is a great area for new and young families!
    Kristen
  • I think you guys are right.,.. I neeed more than one go-to baby carrier.  I need a wrap and a mei tai.  Thank you for the suggestions...I'm going to look around again today.  I'm just so impatient... I want one  now :)

Kristen
  • Lol, pms are in the side columns, just scroll down!
  • Ok...Everytime I click on the private message link it sends me back to login...I'm obviously logged in because it says Hello Kristen!!
    How in the world can one website cause me so many issues??  I am not computer illiterate, I swear :)

Kristen 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"