Blended Families
Options

Only posted here a few times...quick question.

So DH and I have SD 1 day a week and every Friday night until Saturday afternoon (not enough in our opinion but that's another story) and this past week we picked her up from school and she was scratching her head constantly, well we were at dinner so I wasn't going to inspect her head at dinner and then we forgot, fast-forward to last night. We notice she is scratching again so DH and I check her head and she has lice!!! We treated her, I felt so bad keeping her up so late, but we couldn't let her go to bed that way. We treated her room, toys, bedding, etc. Poor kid Sad So this morning DH texts BM and tells her and she is completely clueless. She doesn't understand why she needs to treat the whole house, she doesn't get why she needs to treat her whole family, she just doesn't get it. I feel like we just put this poor kid through 2 hours of treatment just to keep having to do it every time she comes over because BM has no clue, she has a computer, she?s going to school to be a nurse?I would think that she could just Google it and go from there or just read the instructions on the box. I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this kind of situation, what do we do if she keeps getting it, what do we do if BM doesn?t take the proper steps and this reoccurs over and over, any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Only posted here a few times...quick question.

• Options

(I wrote what's below before I reread your last paragraph... If she returns and STILL has lice-take her to the family doctor, etc to have it on record-IDK?) 

Not with my SKIDS, but I used to work at an all girl's boarding school.  One girl was scratching her head.  She said her mom sent her (after the wkend-she was a boarder-fyi) with this special shampoo to use.  I looked at the bottle and saw the label was off, but if you've ever had lice-you will NEVER forget the smell of lice shampoo. 

I went to the head of the dorms to tell her.  The girl's mom was quickly called and told to have her daughter stay home til it was cleared.   Talk about WTF, lady?!? We had 60 boarding girls there! That would have been horrible!

Poor girl was around 10-11 yrs old.

**Note-sometimes, you just have to do the scalp treatments and not bomb the house or etc... depends on where/when it was gotten and how bad it is... **

• Options
    That sounds terrible!!! I feel for that poor girl!!! That's a good idea to take her to the family Dr if it keeps up. Since she isn't here much I just hate to take a ton of time out of what little time there is to treat her head. Thank you so much for the advice, I appreciate all of the help!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh.. Hopefully you guys got it all.  My dd had it a few months ago, and even after we got all the bugs, we still kept checking to get the nits we missed.  If we didn't she would just get it again. 

I am guessing once her bm gets it, then she might change her mind!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"