Infertility

Clomid and the HSG test...help!

I scheduled my HSG today for the 29th of this month. I started provera yesterday. More than likely AF will arrive around the 23rd. I don't want to "waste" this cycle so I'm considering taking clomid on days 3-7 meaning I would be on clomid when I have the test done. Is this ok? Has anyone done this? I feel it is beneficial to take the meds consecutively if needed, rather than one month, skip a couple months, etc.

Thanks for you help!

TTC since 10.07~Diagnosed with PCOS 08.08~4 rounds of clomid=BFN~Took a break from meds... Surprise BFP 03.29.09~ Natural m/c 04.06.09~50mg clomid & progesterone 06.09=BFN

Adoption made our wish come true 12.21.11~JEC 11.10.10

Surprise BFP on 03.26.16! EDD 11.28.16

Re: Clomid and the HSG test...help!

• I would ask your doctor. It's probably ok, I was on follistim when I had mine, but make sure before you take it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It should be totally fine.  I was on Femara when I got my HSG.  I took Femara CD3-7 and had the HSG on CD11.  Then I had an IUI on CD13. 

Best of luck!

• Loading the player...
  • My RE actually wouldn't let me do Clomid the same cycle as my hsg.  He said there is a possibility of having the Clomid make your lining too thick and it needs to be thin for the hsg.  I had my hsg on cd 11 so maybe that was the difference between other girls.  I don't know, I'd definitely ask the doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Dr gave me clomid to be taken cd3-7 and my HSG was done cd9, with no problems. Good luck!
  • There is no reason to stop Clomid just because you're getting an HSG.

But make sure your dr. and you agree on your protocol.

• I was on Clomid right before my HSG (days 5-9).  My HSG was on day 10 or 11, I can't remember for sure.  My doc was only concerned that I wasn't pregnant before it, it was after AF was gone, but before I ovulated.  That would be wasting a cycle for sure!  I don't think you're doc would prescribe it if he/she didn't think it was OK.  GOOD LUCK! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"