Adoption

Beginning what I hope is a successful adoption journey

We have talked about growing our family through adoption, but never really pursued it.  We have been TTC for over a year and have had great difficulty thanks to a rare condition of mine.  

I work with children, and through my work, I recently discovered that a 22 month-old little girl I work with may be available for adoption due to her mother's right being terminated.  She is in a foster home currently.  The foster mother takes in many kids on a temporary basis (with no desire to adopt).   

I called our human services to inquire about this little girl, and found out that she is in a different county (ours!).  I did some searching and found her caseworker.  i called this evening and left a message with her caseworker expressing my desire to pursue a foster-adopt situation for her! 

Re: Beginning what I hope is a successful adoption journey

• Welcome and best of luck :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there...welcome and GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow and welcome! I have my fingers and toes crossed that this pans out perfectly for you!
  • I hope everything works out!  I have friends that adopted a child that one of them met through work.  It's amazing how things come together sometimes!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • how awesome!  Congrats and good luck!  Keep us posted!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"