North Florida Babies

Free fun for toddlers/babies near Jax?

Hi everyone, I'm going to be in Jacksonville for several days this week near my husband's job (Gate Parkway area) and I am wondering if you could give me any ideas on where to take my little ones during the day that is free and in a safe neighborhood/area?  Any splash/spray parks?  Nice playgrounds?  Nice indoor shopping malls, etc?  I don't have time to do a lot of research as this trip was last minute, but hoping you can throw me some ideas.  :)  I will be staying near I-95 off exit 344 area.  I just don't want to be cooped up in a hotel while my husband is at work!  I am willing to drive up to 30 minutes with my kids to find some fun for them!  Thanks so much in advance.  You guys are so helpful on this board.  I won't be able to respond back to you, but will be able to view your comments through my phone.   :)

Re: Free fun for toddlers/babies near Jax?

• Kids Kampus at Metropolitan Park (Downtown Jacksonville, across from Everbank Stadium) has a splash park.

There is an indoor play area at the Avenues Mall (Philips Hwy at Southside Blvd).

Maybe you can contact MyGym or Gymboree Play & Learn and ask to go to a trial class (I know MyGym has a combo class that would probably fit the age group for both of your children).

Most public libraries also have Family Story Time for all ages.  The schedule varies, so I'd recommend looking it up online.

Have fun!

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • Hi, just wanted to follow-up with you and thank you for the suggestions!  We had a great time on our short visit.  We went to the Avenues Mall on Tuesday and it was perfect!  I ended up meeting a very nice woman who has a son only 2 days older than my daughter, which was great!!  I made plans to meet her the very next day at Southeast Regional Library for the children's program at 11am and LOVED it.  It was much nicer than mine here in Sarasota. 

I do want to let you know that Kids Kampus is CLOSED!!!  The whole park looks like a ghost town!  I called the city and apparently they are doing renovations (although there is no evidence of that) and they could not provide a date when it will reopen! :(

We also made a visit to Deerwood Children's Park --which was very hot...phew...and then we went to Losco Regional Park, which was shaded and very nice.

On Monday we went to Old Saint Augustine and had a great time walking around and playing on their beautiful wooden playground.

We will be visiting again soon and maybe next time we will make it to MyGym or JW Tumbles. 

Thanks again!!  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Glad you had fun!  Sorry about Kids Kampus, I had no idea!
    Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"