New Jersey Babies

Northwestrn NJ (Near Denville, Rockaway)

My name is Brooke and my DH and I got our BFP yesterday. I am filled with so many emotions. It is nice to have these boards so other people who are going through what you are going through can be here for support.

We are from North-Western NJ. Near the Denville, Rockaway area!

I wish you all best and thank you in advance for welcoming me

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Northwestrn NJ (Near Denville, Rockaway)

• Welcome Brooke!  You must be excited.  I agree these boards are great for realizing people are going through the same things you are. 

We live in the same area of NJ.  I live in Randolph!

• Thank you for the welcome!

We are very excited but I still have a whole bunch of emotions floating around in my head!! I guess it is just jitters!!

Are you expecting your first? Congratualations!! What hospital/OB are you using? Have you lived in this area a long time? We just moved here in January. I grew up in Montclair but my husband is originally from Rockaway so he is home!!

I look forward to getting you know you!!

• Loading the player...
  • hi brooke, congrats and welcome! i'm in sparta, but originally from rockaway too. i went to morris hills, is that where he went to HS? i bet i know your husband. (small town, haha)

this is my first baby, but i'm at 19 weeks. i totally hear ya on the jitters thing. it took me a while to get over that. sometimes i still get it. i guess that's normal. as are the emotions. anyway, hope you're feeling great!

• My husband did go to Morris Hills. He graduated in 1986! He might be older then you. We are actually 12 years apart! He grew up in White Meadow Lake! Sparta seems very nice! My parents used to have friends who had a house built right on Lake Mohawk! I am still going through the whole I can't believe it phase. Chat soon!
  • Yes I know that mix of emotions feeling.  We waited the 12 weeks before we told everyone including our parents.  My sister was the only one I told prior bc I was just soo nervous.

I am expecting my first child.  I'm 29 years old I got married 2 yrs ago but have dated my husband since high school.  I grew up in Clifton and attended MSU so I know the area you grew up in well.   I love Morris County and I enjoy living in Randolph. 

So what do you think of Morris County?  When I go back to see my mom in Clifton I so don't miss the traffic on 46 in little falls and totowa and I I  just don't miss the overall congestion of the area.  

• Denise, Nice to meet you! Congratulations on your LO! I lived in Montclair all my life so moving out here has been so different! We bought our townhouse in Jan so I am still new to the area! As far as traffic, I think no matter where you are in NJ it stinks! I commute to Hasbrouck Heights for work so usually by Friday I don't want to drive! I still go to Montclair often! My parents are there (live by MSU)! I want to grad school there! Did you graduate from Clifton High? 1998? Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you!
  • Brooke Nice to Meet you too!  Thanks we are super excited.  I teach elementary school and babysit/nanny during the summers so kids are my life.  Yes, I did graduate from CHS in 99 though. 

Luckily, I commute up to Northern Morris County for work (Jefferson) so I don't have the traffic issue.  My husband commutes to Fairfield which isn't too bad.  Takes him about 25 minutes in the morning and about 1 hour after work(depending on what time he leaves) to get home.  Hasbrouck Heights  probably takes a little longer bc of the route 80 traffic. 

I use midwives as my OB's.  I have gone to them for about 8 years now.  They are awesome and make me feel so comfortable.  Their group is called Avalon A Center For Women's Health.  They have locations in both West Caldwell and Morristown so I will be delivering at Morristown Hospital.  

• Denise, I was teacher as well! I taught physical education for 5 years in Rutherford and Newark! I quit after 2007 becauae I had some issues with my administration and the students. I thought I would fine another teaching job like that but boy, I was wrong! I have been trying to get in to a school for 3 years and I haven't been lucky. I took my current job out of desperation and am not happy but I have no choice at this time. I think I will start looking again over the summer. I live in Wharton, right next to Jefferson! I think I am a few towns over from Randolph too! Jefferson dinner is our favorite place to go!! What do you and DH do for fun up here?
  • i grew up in Randolph and am always down in that area! I now live in Warren county but one town away from morris county
  • imagebrowneyedgrl4282:
    i grew up in Randolph and am always down in that area! I now live in Warren county but one town away from morris county

We're moving to Hackettstown very soon! :)

• imageBisakoff:
    Jefferson dinner is our favorite place to go!! What do you and DH do for fun up here?

I looooove Jefferson Diner! There's totally nothing fun to do around here. Ha! What are you guys into?

• Hi All,

I'm in rockaway to.  DH and I always go to jefferson dinner to.  We dont do to much else since we have DS now.

Congrats on all the pregnancys, i miss that stage!

BFP#1:12/26/08 - Andrew 8/27/09 BFP#2:2/7/11 EDD:10/15/11 M/C:2/22/11 at 6w2d TTC #2 since 1/2011 8 Months with no luck then 11/11-Cycle #1 Clomid=BFN 12/11-Cycle #2 Clomid, trigger, IUI#1=BFN 1/12-Cycle #3 Clomid, trigger, IUI#2=BFN 2/12-Cycle #4 Clomid, trigger, IUI#3= CXL IUI due to poor follicles (just trying the old natural way) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatefres:

imageBisakoff:
    Jefferson dinner is our favorite place to go!! What do you and DH do for fun up here?

I looooove Jefferson Diner! There's totally nothing fun to do around here. Ha! What are you guys into?

I am used to being in Montclair where they have EVERYTHING to do!! DH is really into hiking and being outside! We play tennis and occassionally go hiking (I am terrified of bears, and other wild animals) so i am not too much fun to go with. We also go out to eat alot!! One of the things we love to do!! Jefferson Diner is great!! I love it!!

It is nice to hear from people in the area!

• Brooke,

We enjoy walking the trails by us with our dog and we have been working on the house most weekends since we bought it.  Black River Barn in Randolph is a pretty good place.  They have pretty good food and bands on the weekends.  If you like BBQ I hear Hot Rods in Wharton is really good.  Morristown is full of all kinds of restaurants and bars.  There's lots of farmers markets around the area on the weekends as well. 

• imagetattooedgwenneh:

imagebrowneyedgrl4282:
    i grew up in Randolph and am always down in that area! I now live in Warren county but one town away from morris county

We're moving to Hackettstown very soon! :)

really what part? You could be my neighbor since there is a few house that just sold here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"